Repeaters And CTCSS Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

Most buisnesses also use PL tones for store seperation.. and yes the Baofengs will match PL/DPL tones. I had a Baofeng and that was my first scanning type radio. It was interesting to watch it find the tones.
They only scan/detect the standard tones. You have to manually enter non-standard ones.

SpockVulcan

I never get why amature repeaters don't have a PL on the output just for the sake of limiting noise, run CSQ if you want but I don't want noise. As for locking a repeater down, get a MDC call up there, will weed 90% of the crowd out, plus you'll have guys using Moto or Kenwood which is a plus ;)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Personally not stripping PL from the ID is what turns me off from pretty much every non-commercial grade system.

A local ham had his repeater setup without the high pass filter in the audio line. So when the IDer keyed it it wouldn't send tone (Mastr 2 mobile). Unfortunately the tower that repeater was on was struck by an aircraft over a year ago and the rebuild just started.

If the next repeater I build for amateur use is analog, it'll most likely use a MD decoder with a PL decoder while bypassing the high pass so it still IDs without tone.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Seven-Delta-FortyOne

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for all the info, guys.

Everytime I come on here and ask a question, I always get a ton of helpful responses, and interesting information as well. As I don't work in the radio field, I doubt I'll ever be able to reciprocate, but I certainly appreciate it. But I do love hearing about the ins and outs of radio communications.

Delta

Status
Not open for further replies.