ProScan: Replace existing UID in FL DataBase

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnSC

Premium Subscriber
When I move a ProScan UID to the FL UID database, I get text in the Unit UID (number) field if a matching UID entry exists. I've tried all three variations in the move/copy tool. Is there a way to move/copy to replace the existing UID or create an additional entry with the UID number and text. The radio is an SDS200.

JohnSC

Premium Subscriber
The Lookup file is terrific, but I want the UIDs stored on the radio. Am I missing something?

JohnSC

Premium Subscriber
The workflow I use is to edit the FL UID entry to replace the text in the UID (number) field. Simple enough, but I still have to chase down the existing UID entry and delete it. I was hoping there was a way to replace/correct the existing UID entry with the Copy/Move tool in ProScan. Or to at least add a clean version of the new UID to FL. I then could use Find Duplicates to delete the old UID.

Much has been written about the value of this software and I add my kudos, as well. It grows stronger with every update, which has continued faithfully. Not much need for Sentinel except to update the database and firmware.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I was hoping there was a way to replace/correct the existing UID entry with the Copy/Move tool in ProScan. Or to at least add a clean version of the new UID to FL. I then could use Find Duplicates to delete the old UID.
When copying UIDS from the UID logging grid, the UIDs are not replaced in the FL, just added. You have the right ideal about using the Find Duplicates utility.

JohnSC

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, sir. UIDs have become widely used locally to organize and identify fire departments and med units tied together with central fire and medical dispatch, even across county lines. The ability to turn one off or adjust volume discretely would be of considerable value. And the hand-helds get passed around, so updating the UID is essential. Your software helps enormously.

Status
Not open for further replies.