Replacement Psr800 Belt clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
This morning the latch that holds the clip on broke. A call to Whistler advised parts are not available at this time. However I found that the same Motorola belt clip that I used as a replacement on my Psr500 also works for the 800! The part # is NTN82668. I used a cut off disk in my Dremel to cut 12mm off of the end of the retainer spring in the clip, then bent the remaining portion of the spring out slightly so it would grip the ledge on the back of the radio. Be aware that it will be very difficult to remove the clip from the radio since there will be no tab to pull back the spring. On the 500 I ran a 4/40 x 1/4 screw out the back of the radio with a nut on it and let the hole in the end of the spring go over the screw to hold it in place, but the clip fits too close to the top of the radio to use this method on the 800. Since the spring is wider than the ledge on the radio I think a small knife blade may be used to release it if I ever have to, but it have never wanted to remove the clip from either radio.
Ron

I always hated the OEM clip for the 800...Seemed poorly made and flimsy.
I swapped the 800 out for a 500 style..Never ever had any problem with the
500 style..
Sold the clip for the 800 for around 35 beans on ebay..I was shocked what
the bidding climbed to.

Good Riddens!

Status
Not open for further replies.