• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesman905

bluesman905 said:
Just sat down and there is a rescue happening at the Scarborough Bluffs. Air1 heading out to provide light.
Quite the call.
Toronto Fire had to put the repelling skills to work.
Dispatched: S232, S313, P223, R225, P232, C22, P313, C20, FB334, P334, SUP7,
Also TPS Marine Units, Fire Boat, Air1

Last edited:

pathalogical

Is that the man/woman that were rescued ? I did hear some of that and the fire dept was asking for some kind of equipment that started with " D " ... anyone remember ???

pathalogical

Mike_Oxlong said:
Da Rescu Truk?
Haha...very funny ! Did u wanto use my dikshunery for duh corret sppeling ? It sounded like damper ? Wait...it's coming to me...brain working hard to remember...smoke visible from ears...wait....now I remember...DIAPER !!! The firefighter was asking for diapers. They must have said it 3 or 4 times in the few minutes I was listening. http://www.aspiring.co.nz/rescue.htm Although not visible in the picture, but the other end of the rope is attached to a stork !!! I wonder if they were leak proof ? Extra absorbent, no wait, that's something else ! LMAO (my eyes are tearing up).

Status
Not open for further replies.