RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKIDDER1

Hi, I drive a log truck and have a horrible amount of RF noise. It Causes interference with my CB radio but is manageable. However, with my 2 meter radio I can transmit all over the territory BUT cannot hear any farther than my CB radio, kind of a problem. I can hear "conversations" that are taking place but its covered up by so much noise, that I cant hear the voices. I believe the interference is coming from my "WEBTECH" paperless GPS system. When I shut the truck down, it takes 60 seconds for the computer to shut down, at that point the only thing still powered besides my radio's are, the WEBTECH and the RF noise is still there. However, when I kill the master switch, noise disappears and I can hear (and of coarse WEBTECH is dead.) This is my dilemma, I work for a company that will not allow me to work on this problem, as well as tell me that, my CB is acceptable so they will not look into fixing it themselves. I'm thinking a correct ferrite setup will fix most of this noise but I'm hoping to get some feedback before I try this.

Thanks

prcguy

Once you have proved the Webtech is the problem, contact them to see if they have any suggestions. You could mention their equipment is causing interference to critical communications equipment and you suspect their system is not compliant with FCC part 15 rules.
prcguy

Hi, I drive a log truck and have a horrible amount of RF noise. It Causes interference with my CB radio but is manageable. However, with my 2 meter radio I can transmit all over the territory BUT cannot hear any farther than my CB radio, kind of a problem. I can hear "conversations" that are taking place but its covered up by so much noise, that I cant hear the voices. I believe the interference is coming from my "WEBTECH" paperless GPS system. When I shut the truck down, it takes 60 seconds for the computer to shut down, at that point the only thing still powered besides my radio's are, the WEBTECH and the RF noise is still there. However, when I kill the master switch, noise disappears and I can hear (and of coarse WEBTECH is dead.) This is my dilemma, I work for a company that will not allow me to work on this problem, as well as tell me that, my CB is acceptable so they will not look into fixing it themselves. I'm thinking a correct ferrite setup will fix most of this noise but I'm hoping to get some feedback before I try this.

Thanks

SKIDDER1

you're right

I should call them but we have 18 trucks in the fleet and mine is the only one doing that to my knowledge so it leads me to believe that it was a poor install. At least thats my suspicion, just wish they would let me correct the problem, instead of trying to find a "quick fix" that wont get me into trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.