Richmond KY

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4JNW

Anyone representin' Richmond or surrounding areas? I dont live there, but I will probably be hitting EKU next year, and of course will be bringing my scanner along.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
KG4LJF said:
Anyone representin' Richmond or surrounding areas? I dont live there, but I will probably be hitting EKU next year, and of course will be bringing my scanner along.

My Ex-wife and I lived in Richmond for a year...great place and I could walk to (or drive quickly) pretty much anything I needed...the Madison County Trunked system info is in the database along with 10 codes/signals lists...
Good luck in school!
Marshall KE4ZNR

N4JNW

Thanks... I was attending EKU for awhile, about 4 years ago in Fall of 2002. Due to family reasons, and me not being able to put up with the constant drunk kids on my floor, I left. I was pursuing a degree in aviation. Drove to Mt. Sterling 3 times a week to fly, and attended EKU full time. Lived on campus, came home on weekends.

Now, I'm fixing to finish up my flying by the end of this year, start some night classes here at home, and will hopefully be enrolling back at EKU next fall semester. I'm not too keen on living on campus, so I wouldn't mind a small apartment close to campus.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
KG4LJF said:
Thanks... I was attending EKU for awhile, about 4 years ago in Fall of 2002. Due to family reasons, and me not being able to put up with the constant drunk kids on my floor, I left. I was pursuing a degree in aviation. Drove to Mt. Sterling 3 times a week to fly, and attended EKU full time. Lived on campus, came home on weekends.

Now, I'm fixing to finish up my flying by the end of this year, start some night classes here at home, and will hopefully be enrolling back at EKU next fall semester. I'm not too keen on living on campus, so I wouldn't mind a small apartment close to campus.

there is usually some good spots open on Killarney Lane near the Eastern Bypass & I75...that is where the wife and I lived for a year...Killarney is a good road with very little crime/problems...
Marshall KE4ZNR

kyparamedic

The Madison County TRS is easy to pickup with any trunking scanner, you can even pick it up with a regular scanner but you won't be able to lock on to a TG obviously. You may want to lock out some TG's like public works and the like as they ramble on all day about nothing a lot of times, especially when the snow hits.

SCPD

QRT
kyparamedic said:
The Madison County TRS is easy to pickup with any trunking scanner, you can even pick it up with a regular scanner but you won't be able to lock on to a TG obviously. You may want to lock out some TG's like public works and the like as they ramble on all day about nothing a lot of times, especially when the snow hits.

I stayed the night October 8th in Richmond on my way back home to Michigan. Plugged up the computer to the in-room internet, wrote down the freqs for Madison County TRS thanks to the RR database, and enjoyed a couple hours of good listening.

N4JNW

I pass through Richmond every weekend on my way to see my girl, whom lives in Irvine.. When I get my Pro-97 programmed back up, I'll be bringing it along for the rides.. Especially this winter. Weather Alert will come in very handy while on the road..

Status
Not open for further replies.