RNC in Minneapolis/St. Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNBug

Premium Subscriber
Hello, new to the forum but I'm learning lots. I was wondering if anyone had any insite as to how the SPPD will have their radios set up during the RNC. Latest reports say that they are brining in 3500 to 5000 additional officers from around the nation and I don't think that the normal SPPD talkgroups (right term) will suffice. Anyone have any insite?

Thanks.

unclebubba

While I have no inside information nor do I know what they will do, you can bet on some of the following...

A-Tacs will probably be used more for non-public safety stuff (maybe some security or parking, etc).

P-Tacs 3/4 will probably be dedicated to the event, and of course L-Tacs.

R-Pool talkgroups should be going crazy. If they have that many officers coming into town for assistance, maybe R-Pool 1 will be for "X" area, R-Pool 2 for "Y" area, etc.

And, I don't know if RamCo has Special Events talkgroups (like Anoka County has and is using this weekend for the Senior PGA event in Blaine), but if they do, they'll be going to.

Of course RamCo Emergency Services should also be active.

More importantly, it should be a good time to discover new talkgroups or to identify some of those unknown ones.

Again, I have no knowledge of anything, just taking some guesses.
Craig
WX0BUB

Status
Not open for further replies.