Rockford Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhalld38

Any one hear about Rockford Fire changing to digital? I just heard there dispatcher say "New radio configuration." Anyone hear this too? Also I did not see anything on the database here for this if they did change.

Last edited:

rhalld38

What I have been hearing lately on my scanner is Rockford Fire using the old Rockford PD Control 4 frequency and Rockford PD Car-2-Car frequency. I'm glad I did not delete them from my scanner when Rockford PD made the switch.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Is the base or mobiles your hearing on those freq.?

I think Rockford police use analog still, there were a few times i heard them on their "old" freq. But now that you said it was fire that you heard on them, it got me wondering if it was the fire i was hearing.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
whats the freq. you been hearing it on?

I will monitor them for a day or so. I use Scanner Record Pro, it is awesome for reviewing the audio. (voice activated, plus many more awesome features ;) )

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
I am monitoring it now, I am using scanner record pro to record the audio. If RR will let me, I will post the audio file, so everyone can listen to it, to confirm if it is Rockford Fire.

From what I am hearing, just a few minutes into it, I agree it does sound like Rockford Fire.

rhalld38

You will know it is them when the dispatcher, it is usually a lady, and she will say "Rockford Fire Engine 9"..etc or Charley 34 or what ever there numbers are for the Rockford Fire Ambos then that will be Rockford Fire. I don't hear them on their original channel anymore.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Hi,

you are right, it is Rockford Fire.

I been monitoring it for a little while now, even recorded the audio. RR forums wont let me post the audio for some reason.

Good to see another scanner enthusiast keeping track of the freq in our area :) excellent job!

rhalld38

Good to see another scanner enthusiast keeping track of the freq in our area excellent job!

Thank you. I try to keep up on frequencies in this area since scanning is my number 1 hobby. Is there another way I could listen to those audio files? Maybe if I PM you and give you my e-mail address? We need to start a Rockford/Winnebago group here since Chicago has one. I think there is another person in the Rockford area and we have another member in Pecatonica.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
I deleted the one files that i was going to post, because it wouldnt let me post them, so i deleted them.

but i can make some more for ya if ya like?

I am recording the audio alot since i got scanner record pro.

I am up for creating a scanner group in our area. I have been a scanner hobbyist for many years now.
(But I have yet to learn trunking, LOL) I own many scanners. I think a group in our area would be good.

I tried creating a yahoo group awhile ago, but there wasnt to much activity on it.

But heck, even if it is just you and I and a few others in the group, that would be a good start :)

I will PM you my email address, so we can talk more about it.

rhalld38

Since we have both been monitoring Rockford Fire I got out my Pro-2035, that was sitting in my closet, since I switched over to PSR-500 it has been sitting in there doing nothing and put in the 151.175 freq. for Rockford Fire. They were pretty busy last night.

scanman45cal

Did someone say Scan Club? Yes, that is a fantastic idea. Even if we only met once in a while to exchange info that would be great. I locked out the old Rockford Police freqs when they went Digital and never gave it a thought that fire would use them. I am so glad you guys noticed this. I usually only listen to North Park and Loves Park fire so I didn't notice Rockford not being on the old freqs. Have you guys heard this one? Try 461.675. I found this Limit Searching one night, I didn't even know it existed. It's not in any Data Base that I have found. Let me know if you decide to do a club, I am interested.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Hi,

Yes, Rockford Area Scanner (RAS)

RockfordScanner.com

It is just in the beginning stages.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
I wonder why they switched over to the police old freq.?
I have been monitoring the old fire freq. to see if their still active, and they haven't been.

I think when you heard them talking about radio maintenance, they were talking about the old police freq. :) thank god it wasn't digital LOL

N9JIG

Sheriff
My guess is that the police channels were less crowded than the existing fire channels, or that the police VHF infrastructure had better coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.