Rocky Mount temp scanner feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I stopped in Rocky Mount for the night after the white-knuckle drive down snowbound I-95.

Streaming Rocky Mount CSX action until tomorrow morning for your listening pleasure. Not much happening right now at 01:43 in the morning.

http://colostreaming.com:8000/botemobile.m3u

Enjoy!

Bote
mp A120 "Charlie Baker"

--- In vrfd@yahoogroups.com, "da Bote Man" <bote_rail@...> wrote:
>
> I'm heading south trying to escape old man Winter with the same mobile scanner setup as the Auto Train, but this time I'm inside my own vehicle.
>
> Listen at will:
>
> Trackstreamer - Streaming Scanner Audio
>
> Cloudy snowbies in the sky in Arlington, I hope I can make it to Rocky Mount before I hit snow. It's supposed to be above freezing from there south.
>
> I'll report in as necessary.
>
> Bote
>

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Hmmm. I don't get the 'Jack FM' reference, what did I miss?

Well, CSX' major north -south trunk line has been deadsville. ATCS shows no trains coming this way on the North End nor the South End subdivisions. Scanner has been silent, save for switching operations in Rocky Mount yard, but I don't want to listen to that.

It figures.

I'll mosey over to Cracker Barrel for some grub and head south in a while, allowing the remaining precipitation to move northeast. Then I'll probably head down US52 from Florence to follow the A-line if CSX decides to run trains today.

I'll be streaming audio from this end, I don't know whether AT&T will be kind enough to carry the packets to your end though. Much of this leg of the journey carries me through EDGE territory, so one tiny bump and the stream gets interrupted. 3G, wherefor art thou?

Enjoy the snow y'all, it's the weekend before Christmas!

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hey Bote, Ride or Drive? LOL

FLSNOWMAN

Attachments

• snow8.jpg
    snow8.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 4659_1256738277.jpg
    4659_1256738277.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 248

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I was on I-95 last evening, so 'drive' would be the operative word there. I escaped just in the nick of time, too. I turned on CNN this morning in the Rocky Mount hotel to see that people were stranded in their cars on I-81 and I-95.

I'm in Florence yard now where a Q410 is waiting to pull north after a southbound gets in here and clears up.

Until I got here I had only seen 3 trains since Rocky Mount at noon. CSX had better muscle up and send some trains down the A-line while I'm here or I'll start to think the fix is in!

Stay warm!

Bote
http://colostreaming.com:8000/botemobile.m3u

Status
Not open for further replies.