Key West scanner stream testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I'm testing a public safety scanner feed in Key West, Florida this weekend. The audio is as good as I can get it considering that Key West police blow my doors off while Monroe County sheriffs sound like mumblers 25 and 30dB below peak level. Even with a Terk ALC box it sounds horrible, but that's in the hands of Mother Motorola.

For now it's got fire, police, and marine stuff, but this rinky dink antenna doesn't hear much on the marine channels so I might lock out that bank later if it proves worthless.

I put the stream up on my Wild Feed mount point on my Icecast server.

http://colostreaming.com:8000/botewild.m3u

Enjoy!

Bote
Trackstreamer - Streaming Scanner Audio

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
sweet. Bote saves the day again from the sunshine state! Thanks

Well, don't pat me on the back just yet. This streaming laptop's battery is shot, so if the a.c. power fails and the u.p.s. battery fails, then I have to call somebody to crawl under that closet where it sits to flick the switch to boot it back up. Clunky, but I had to grab and go when I found that the former Key West stream here has never returned. I have a better machine waiting in the wings that will replace this one.

The permanent mount point is now /botekyw
http://colostreaming.com:8000/botekyw.m3u

I know the airport callsign is EYW, but KYW is just an abbreviation and I think most people can remember that.

The only thing it hears is the Key West site of the Monroe County trunked system. That gets you Key West police and fire, as well as Monroe County S.O. (sheriff's office) and fire. That's pretty interesting in itself, without all the needless drama that you get in big city departments. In fact, a good many of the calls can be downright entertaining!

Enjoy!

Bote Man
OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.