Ross Twp Police and Understanding Butler County Unit IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Anyone ever hear Ross Township police on the Butler County sites? I've listened for some time and never hear them on either the Tango, Zulu, or Echo dispatch centers.

It could be I'm misunderstanding the unit numbers ( Butler County (OH) - The RadioReference Wiki ). Shouldn't they be 10 Paul or 10 Lincoln unit IDs? I have to admit the linked page is a bit confusing as to why some prefixes are 5, 9, or 10. For example, why is a Liberty Twp unit 9 Lincoln # instead of 8 Lincoln #?

I also hear status checks for 3 or 4 digit numbers, like 178, 115, or 1792. 1792 reported at the Trenton PD, so it could be city units.

Last edited:

belvdr

I heard 1792 check in today from the Zulu TGID. The other 3 digit numbers are coming from Tango, which I guess are Hamilton units only.

MBECKNELL

Premium Subscriber
any four digit number you heard are sheriff deputies they like to use 9 paul 1234 for example
any four digit number you hear is sheriff deputies also in liberty township there 11 paul then there four digit number
some 600 hundred series numbers are the ross township Police there 10 paul 613 for example
all of the other law enfrocement except westchester and middletown use 3digit number like 143 or 176 or 856

hope this help a little

belvdr

any four digit number you heard are sheriff deputies they like to use 9 paul 1234 for example
any four digit number you hear is sheriff deputies also in liberty township there 11 paul then there four digit number
some 600 hundred series numbers are the ross township Police there 10 paul 613 for example
all of the other law enfrocement except westchester and middletown use 3digit number like 143 or 176 or 856

hope this help a little
Thanks for that info. Some units are 4 digits but no phonetic code, like Paul or Lincoln. For example, 1792. Also I hear deputies with 2 digits, like 9 Paul 42.

I still don’t understand why some are 9 Paul and some are 10 Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.