Status
Not open for further replies.

HvyMetal_59

Premium Subscriber
I recently acquired a Radio Shack PRO-2055 from eBay. Upon turning it on there is no display. I did contact the seller. They refunded my money without haveing to send the scanner back. My question is. Is it fixable?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2149.JPG
    IMG_2149.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2150.JPG
    IMG_2150.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 13

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Your repair sources, unfortunately, are extremely limited. RadioShack no longer supports these and does not do in house repairs anymore. Depending on what parts might be needed, that could also be a problem. G and G does do repairs on older scanners, but unknown whether they can help you. Contact them if you want more details.

I'd suggest that you open up the case, and check for any loose connections, particularly, any ribbon cables.

HvyMetal_59

Premium Subscriber
Your repair sources, unfortunately, are extremely limited. RadioShack no longer supports these and does not do in house repairs anymore. Depending on what parts might be needed, that could also be a problem. G and G does do repairs on older scanners, but unknown whether they can help you. Contact them if you want more details.

I'd suggest that you open up the case, and check for any loose connections, particularly, any ribbon cables.

Awesome Thanks for the info. I just sent them an email.

danesgs

Very likely a loose cable. I had a pixelated PRO-96 and re-seating the cable fixed that. Before you open it up see if you can do a "blind" reset from the keyboard. But as Hiegtx stated, its likely a loose cable.

HvyMetal_59

Premium Subscriber
Very likely a loose cable. I had a pixelated PRO-96 and re-seating the cable fixed that. Before you open it up see if you can do a "blind" reset from the keyboard. But as Hiegtx stated, its likely a loose cable.

I did open it up. Made sure the ribbon cable was connected. It is. Not sure how to do a "blind reset from the keyboard?" Thanks.

allie1226

Premium Subscriber
the ribon cable on the front panel is the one you want.Remove it from PCB carefully take a Q tip with contact cleaner on it and clean contact end .reinstall should be GTG !!!!

HvyMetal_59

Premium Subscriber
the ribon cable on the front panel is the one you want.Remove it from PCB carefully take a Q tip with contact cleaner on it and clean contact end .reinstall should be GTG !!!!

Cleaned both contacts. Yielding no results.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you answered this all already. They sent your money back without asking for the unit back. It's busted for good. Time for a new one

HvyMetal_59

Premium Subscriber
is that the cable to the LCD or to the PCB??? you need to remove the front cover to get to the cable you need to service
This is the one that goes to the board on the back of the display. I would have to un-solder the braided line on the top right of the photo in order to get to the back of the display board. If that's what you are implying. Thanks.

i386

GMRS WRFB260
Premium Subscriber
Now send the money back and explain you fixed it. That would be the honest thing to do. Good luck.

HvyMetal_59

Premium Subscriber
Now send the money back and explain you fixed it. That would be the honest thing to do. Good luck.

The honest & responsible thing to do would have been to test it before posting it on eBay. Make sure it actually works. Instead of assuming it worked. Kinda like assuming I was being dishonest. Get the facts. But thanks. They refunded the money and did not want it back. They were made aware it was fixed. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.