RS Pro 668 Question

usmiladim

Hello

Can someone please tell me how to have my display time out after like 5 or 10 seconds? I played with the LITE options in settings numbers, but it’s still never goes out while in play mode. I hope I explained it well enough.

Thank you
Milan

usmiladim

Page 18 of your manual!
But after looking at these three options, I still can’t get this damn light to turn off. Can you please advice what number or setting the three should be on? All I want is for the display light to go off after 3-5 seconds and light up on a scan frequency pick-up.

Thanks Kindly

Milan

jonsmth

Premium Subscriber
I have a PRO-668. I've never tried to change the light settings. I do notice that when the scanner has power applied via the Mini-USB connector, the display light stays on constantly. However, when the scanner is running on just batteries, the display seems to do what you would like for it to do; light up when any of the keys are depressed and stay on approx. 5 secs then extinguish.

jonsmth

Premium Subscriber
See my suggested settings attachment. There are 2 settings. 1 for battery and one for USB.
See my suggested settings attachment. There are 2 settings. 1 for battery and one for USB.
Swipsey, I appreciate the information. I never knew there were settings for the display light. That will certainly come in handy to
have the display go dark after a few seconds, especially when using the scanner in my Truck at night.