Rule Violation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickH

Lou Maag wrote: And why people continue to post in a 2 year old thread is beyond me.
Closed.

And what rule is being violated? And what is wrong with reviving an old thread if people find the subject interesting and worth discussing? Just because you may not agree is no reason to summarily close it.

DickH

AZScanner said:
Personally I think he closed it because it was a lame thread. I would have too.-AZ

Even though you may have no interest in the subject, apparently the 4 people who posted messages in that thread yesterday, before I did, have a different opinion.

D

DaveNF2G

Threads about legalities turn useless pretty quickly. The right answer is usually provided by someone who really knows what they're talking about, but is ignored or shouted down (usually with plenty of personal insults) by the proud ignorati who think their opinions are sovereign.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
DaveNF2G said:
Threads about legalities turn useless pretty quickly. The right answer is usually provided by someone who really knows what they're talking about, but is ignored or shouted down (usually with plenty of personal insults) by the proud ignorati who think their opinions are sovereign.

Referring to people as "the proud ignorati" isn't a personal insult? :) And, you know what they say about opinions being like a$$holes (i.e. everybody having one). If you removed all the 'opinions' and left only the facts, there would be about one page of posts on the whole board rofl.

Mike

mancow

Database Admin
It always seemed to make more sense to revive an old one than to waste the space making a new one but hey............ who knows?

btritch

If old ones from years past cannot be posted on today, then why aren't after a certain length of time they closed down or deleted? This makes NO sense..What was the big deal about posting on an old thead, Woopdeedo..

D

DaveNF2G

If you are insulted by truths about yourself, then there are things that you need to change.

(Somebody famous might have said something like this, but if you can't find out who, then you may cite me. [grin])

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
It was closed for good reason. Digging up an old thread was only part of that. Please accept this and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.