RVing Antenna help?

DMK615

I need some help with antenna suggestions without a tower.

I’m going to use this set-up RVing. I’ll also use it at home in the back yard. I may someday go to a permanent antenna, but I’ve been the tower route and for now I’m not going to do that. I fully understand that will limit my capabilities.

I have been at some RV sites that do not have trees to attach an antenna to. Random kids in the park will run through our lot. So I would like an option with no radials, wires, or guys at ground level for them to run into.

So far I have found Buddipole, Super Antenna, Chelegance, and Alpha Antenna. I’m still looking at whether or not these will meet my requirements.

I’ll probably be buying a Yaesu FT-991A or an ICOM IC-7100. Kinda looks like the Yaesu right now.

I’m thinking I’ll use a tripod or a mast clamped to the back of the RV.

I will always have AC power.

So my requirements: Portable (but weight and size won't be an issue. I'm not hiking with it), I can’t count on having trees in the area, No radials or wires at ground level, Will temporarily stand without guy wires, Options for as many bands as possible

Any suggestions will be appreciated. I’ll probably be buying the radio in the next couple of weeks and would like to get some kind of antenna.

Thanks.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Works very well on my camper. You’ll want a tuner as well. I also use a Palomar 9:1 balun. Steel frame of chassis acts as RF counterpoise -

Last edited: