Salem Hospital security

Scanner996p2

Did SH Hospital security change freq ?

I’m listening to RR DB listed freq of 463.6500 PL/156.7 ….nothing.

I do realize the frequency is not a hotbed of activity
FrequencyLicenseTypeToneAlpha TagDescriptionModeTag
463.650WPXB828BM156.7 PLSalemMemorialSecSalem Memorial SecurityFMNHospital

License expired last year so maybe not using the frequency anymore.

N6JPA

A Ham Radio Operator With too much frequency.
They probably went with a contractor to provide the security communications. It is most likely encrypted. You can try and listen to local LTR and DMR systems to see if they are active there. If you have a radio with close call you can probably park in the parking lot to see if you can get any hits.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Monitor without the PL tone, perhaps they migrated to DMR (although the emission isn't specifically reflected in the license, this doesn't confirm or rule out its use). Check the other frequencies on the license. How far away from the site are you monitoring from?

radiotweester

I'd second just going carrier squelch. There are 5 repeaters, if you haven't add them all. I see Dallas also uses the 463.65 freq. With just 3 miles you might also consider adding the +5MHz inputs to your scanlist in CSQ. With a rooftop antenna you might pickup a portable outside or on an upper floor. They might also be using a mobile to TX to a rooftop antenna. It's overkill to run 10W+ to a repeater RX antenna a few feet to yards away, but it happens a lot.

1710231453309.png

Last edited:

radiotweester

They probably went with a contractor to provide the security communications. It is most likely encrypted. You can try and listen to local LTR and DMR systems to see if they are active there. If you have a radio with close call you can probably park in the parking lot to see if you can get any hits.
With all the other active licenses associated with their FRN, I'd guess not. With HEAR, Med channels, disaster, security, facilities, etc, I've found most hospitals keep their radios in house and just use a 3rd party for freq research, coordination and FCC filing.

LITENINHERE

I live outside of Salem and put 463.650 in my APX8000 with CSQ and I got some digital traffic. It sounded like DMR but I don’t have a scanner that does DMR or NXDN to figure out what digital format it is.
My guess is that it’s DMR, most hospitals are going to DMR.