salisbury p 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

Just now getting this posted.........

They got caught up with some issues during the transition process earlier due to some speed bumps, and the stopped testing and cut over's around 1900 hrs. Salisbury PD, Rowan County Sheriff's Office, & smaller municipal PD's have made the switch. Tomorrow Salisbury FD (City), Rowan County Fire, and Rowan County EMS & Rescue Squad should complete the rollover. Smaller agencies (i.e. Animal Control, Parks, City Works, etc) will be coming on in the days/weeks to come.

I'll be up for a while listening tonight and will try to log as many TG's as I can & will get them submitted before I lay down tonight. I will be leaving town for a week tomorrow morning around 0700-0730 and won't be home until Monday. Hopefully some others can listen and ID some TG's. Once I get back I'll have access to the rest of the new TG's and I'll get them submitted as well.

I'm in the process now of uploading some pics to Photobucket of the original 911 center from the early 1990's, the second 911 center that was at the Rowan County Justice Center (1994 - 2013), and a picture of the new 911 center. Give me just a few minutes and they'll be up. They will be separated into three different posts so it's easier to know which is which........

Have a great evening!!!!

*** As it sits, Salisbury FD will start rollover between 1000 & 1100 hrs in the morning (hopefully), along with County Fire, and EMS/Rescue ***

*********** One other thing............. Trumpetman, KE4ZNR, or whatever DB admin(s) may see this I will be sending in a submission later tonight with some ID'd talkgroups. It may not be much but it's TG's used on a regular day to day basis here. *************

Last edited:

KM4WLV

Now I Understand.

I like there thinking of having control of their own system.

Ever since Cabarrus signed the agreement to join the regional system it has been nothing a mess.

I lost 7 personal radios from the old Cabarrus System.

It sucks not being able to have a radio to listen to everything going on.

And the only way to get a radio on the new system is you must belong to a department and the

department must own the radio. No personally owned radios on this system.

It all goes back to the big issue the control factor (Big Brother trying to throw his weight and authority

around).

Concord's past system administrator has just retired on medical disability and there went my inside source

and information as to what is going on for the regional system.

They have promoted a former telecommunications center supervisor to be the new communications

center director.

I think her roll will be basically control over the communications center and radio installation shop.

I doubt if she will have any control over programming radios and other stuff like the past director did.

I think the sole dealing with programming issues is being handled with the Sheriff's Department Communications Lieutenant and his Staff.

It is like I said before. The City and Counties that surround Charlotte & Mecklenburg, can't do a thing

without trying to copy and duplicate what Charlotte/Mecklenburg does.

It is all about trying to not be out done by the other.

Thanks again for clearing up some of my questions.

David

David, I had heard a while back that Chris was having some pretty serious medical issues. It's been years since I've seen or talked to him. If you happen to come across him please pass along my well wishes. I actually sent him a friend request on Facebook earlier this evening.

KM4WLV

ROWAN COUNTY 911 - EARLY 1990'S

As promised here are some pictures. Again they will be separated into 3 different posts to keep it more organized. This is Rowan County 911 when it was headquartered at Rowan County Emergency Services until 1994........

Rowan 911 (1)

Motorola Console with Statewide Mutual Aid Channels

Motorola Console (Close Up)

Motorola Console - Paging Encoder Buttons

Spare Position

Motorola Console - Main Dispatch Channels

Weather Box

Dispatch Position

Dispatch Position - Notice the old Motorola Maxtrac mobiles. Used for interoperability with City of Salisbury because the county hadn't moved to the 800 system at this point

Comm center shot - 3rd position to the right

Old Time / Call Card Stamp

Moving out heading to Rowan Justice Center in 1994

Old Dispatch Position - Rowan County Sheriff's Office (Before departments consolidated in 1994)

Hope you guys like these. They are courtesy of the Rowan County Telecommunications website. Stand by for next round/post...........

Last edited:

KM4WLV

Rowan County 911 - Rowan County Justice Center (Sheriff's Office & Court House)

This set is from 1994 until the center moved last year. This is also the time frame of when the Rowan County Dept of Telecommunications was born. It was located on the second floor of the Rowan County Justice Center across the hall from the CID Division of the Rowan County Sheriffs Office.

Courtesy of Salisbury Post - "In the day of the life of:" Segment

SHF DISP 1 - Left Hand Side & SHF DISP 2/Call Taker Console Positions (Right Side)

Spare Console with Ham Radio and Are You OK? System

RFD/FD (County & City Fire) Position

Over view - Mid 90's

SHF DISP 2 Console

Over view of center

Touch Screen Phones that were installed in early 2000's

Old Motorola Radio TG Screen ** Top row far left block tagged - RFD DISPc stands for RFD DISP Calling - which keyed the VHF transmitter (Freq 154.2500) which in turn keyed the RFD DISP talkgroup on the 800 system. RFD = Rural Fire Departments (Rowan County Fire Dispatch). You'll notice under that you see ST FIREc and ST FIRE which worked in the same concept as the county fire theory. NC State Fire is 154.2800. **

These are courtesy of the Rowan County Telecommunications website.

I'll have the last round up shortly........

Last edited:

KM4WLV

ROWAN COUNTY 911 - NEW CENTER

These are pictures of the new Rowan County 911 Center. This building houses dispatch services for every public safety agency in Rowan County with the exception of the North Carolina Highway Patrol. These few images have come from different places. Unfortunately there aren't that many pics out there yet. Enjoy!!

Overview of New 911 Center

2nd shot of Center

Rowan 911 - Front Entrance (New center)

*** I decided to put a pic or two up of RICU (Rowan Incident Command Unit) which is owned by the Telecomm department. It can function as a full 911 center if the needs arise, having identical capabilities of any of the 911 consoles ***

RICU (Shot 1)

RICU (Shot 2)

I don't have any current shots of the inside because it's in the process of an upgrade to match our new system upgrade. When I can get pics I'll share. That's all I have & I hope you guys enjoyed them!!!!!

wt

Premium Subscriber
I sure do. I was lucky enough to work with Rick and Margaret...I was part of the transition team. Miss those days!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KM4WLV

I sure do. I was lucky enough to work with Rick and Margaret...I was part of the transition team. Miss those days!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wt, can you send me a Private Message with your name? I think we may have met before. I was in the Emergency Services Explorer Post with Rowan County in the early 90's during the same time 911 was still in the "broom closet" in the back hallway at Station 87. I stayed in the Explorer's until the late 90's. I started my volunteer career in the FD in 1993.

Let's catch up and see if we've met before and just don't remember it :lol:

KM4WLV

Gotcha. I'm headed out of town tomorrow and will be on the road a good part of the day. Once I get settled I'll log in and take a look. Have a great night bud!!!

KM4WLV

Rowan / Salisbury P25 Secondary Discussion Page

I've created a page on Facebook for our NC Forum members. Well actually anyone that want's to listen or are within ear shot of the system.

This isn't intended to take your participation away from here on RadioReference, but to give us somewhere to continue discussions so if it goes on for a while it doesn't keep bumping other members threads down to help prevent something getting missed.

Facebook: Rowan-Salisbury P25 Upgrade Disscussion(s)

*** Also if you think you might be interested in an admin position leave me a message while I'm gone this week and I'll look at them Monday evening when I get home, and try to make those decisions then ***

CFP387

Very good pictures, Daniel. I, too, remember the broom closet on the bottom floor of 87 and I used to sit and listen in to the traffic on the "spare console" that sit in the corner of the room. I remember Margaret well and how she used to breathe heavily into her headset while dispatching! She didn't let her handicap keep her from working her shifts and she thoroughly enjoyed her job. I think Rick was chief of Bostian Heights around the time those pictures were taken. Remember the old time card stamp? Every time there was a change the status of a call, the communicator had to stamp the card to mark the time of dispatch, on scene, under control, etc.

Most of those pictures are posted on the Rowan Telcom website and they are nice to see every now and again.

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
I tried monitoring this system Saturday on my PSR-500 with 800mhz antenna while traveling through Salisbury, Landis and Rockwell areas. Sometimes it came in great but most of the time the conversations would cut out mid-sentence like I am loosing the control channel. Is this due to the simulcast while I was traveling or am I missing something in my settings?

For what its worth, I have the same problem when traveling through Charlotte and Concord on both of their P25 systems and was told it was due to the simulcast overload.

kd8x

I tried monitoring this system Saturday on my PSR-500 with 800mhz antenna while traveling through Salisbury, Landis and Rockwell areas. Sometimes it came in great but most of the time the conversations would cut out mid-sentence like I am loosing the control channel. Is this due to the simulcast while I was traveling or am I missing something in my settings?

For what its worth, I have the same problem when traveling through Charlotte and Concord on both of their P25 systems and was told it was due to the simulcast overload.

I never had any good luck at all when I had a gre 600....sold it and bought an uniden 996xt and 396xt. Although not 100% it is much much better at decoding P25 systems at least in my experience...

KM4WLV

I listen to it on my 396XT every day and I've not had an issues cutting out or losing the control channel and I'm using a stubby antenna on mine. I've been able to listen to it in many places I couldn't before. I live on the west side of Salisbury near what used to be the Salisbury mall and have full coverage (signal wise), my in laws live in Rockwell and no issues down there, and I go to Lenoir in Caldwell County a good bit and can hear it well into the west side of Iredell County, and when I go visit my wife at her office at Duke Energy (her office is behind the airport in Charlotte) I can usually pick up Salisbury until I hit Sugar Creek Rd (Exit 41) in Charlotte on I-85.

I had a 106 and kept it for about 2 days before getting rid of it because it sucked at reception.

SCAMP1000

Salisbury NC P25 Uniden BCD536HP Database ?

Hi I recently bought a Uniden BCD536HP and downloaded the new Salisbury, NC database. I am still learning on the Uniden and I havent heard anything on the new system. Any help and hints would be greatly appreciated !

Thank You

Billy WA4PVI

bstewart@windstream.net

KM4WLV

Billy,
This is Daniel that worked out at E radio shop with you. I'll shoot you an email when I get home from dinner and help you get it up and running!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.