San Bernardino County P25 and rebanded systems

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
So we’re thinking Ontario PD is part of the West Central Valley Simulcast ...
Can confirm, based on a field trip to the site. Lots of signal in the parking lot heard without an antenna. Saw five chubby 800 MHz fiberglass in a row that were not in the 2018 StreetView imagery, to handle the busy 27-channel (!) site 23. Nothing else (at least no continuous CC signals) heard with that setup on highband, UHF, or 700/800. I can also confirm the channel lineup with the exception of BSI and silent reserve channels previously addressed. I guess there is the potential, based on the license, that 855.1875 is another "silent reserve", especially since it was on the STA and now is being added to the main license.

Site 23 is no longer announcing site 13 as a neighbor, on at least 2022-03-23, 2022-04-06, and 2022-04-19, so it should probably removed from the neighbor list.

I couldn't hear anything else reliably with my SDR with an antenna there due to the high signal levels, and didn't have time to relocate for more. I may have an excuse to be up in the forest soon for more sleuthing. There's no substitute for driving right up to a site. :)

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
So I have a question and most likely it might not be answered but I have a SDS-200 and a Unication G-5 with the SBDCO Fire system programmed only for the Mountain Simulcast and it works just fine. I just can't pickup talk-group 2-CMD-2.

So the strange thing is that I use a Motorola XTS 5000 for this system too using non-affiliated for the Mountain Simulcast with the same CC frequencies and I am able to listen to 2-CMD-2. I know 2-CMD-2 most likely is on another trunk site besides the Mountain Simulcast but I never hear it on the scanners or the Unication G-5 but do on the Motorola XTS radio. Completely makes no sense as from logical programming scenarios. Just a mystery sometimes

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
I can confirm I've logged TG 2-CMD-2 (3495) on Mountain (site 13) many times, though that may not mean anything, as it only takes one affiliation to cause it, right? It seems, though, that the number of times I've heard it with just random samples should mean that you should have caught some too.<shrug>

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
I completely understand about the affiliation part. But if you have a commercial grade radio with the same programming control channels as your scanner and Unication G-5 radio you should hear 2-CMD-2 on all three radios at the same time just not the Moto radio. What's weird its just 2-CMD-2 and that's it. This is the confusing part and everything is programmed correctly. But I will keep trying to figure it out or do some research on the Moto radio.

The only thing I can think is that this commercial grade Moto radio is designed for a Trunking System and the radio might be doing exactly the way it was designed and the scanner radios sometimes just are not going to pickup every talkgroup. Maybe the communication from the control data channel is talking correctly with the Moto radio and its just doing something normal.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
I think Redlands uses 2-tac-2 and 2-cmd-2 from time to time, you can also try Valley East site

Now I am receiving 2-CMD-2 on the Unication G-5 radio. So go figure. These smart trunking systems. Must be an affiliation thing with a radio hitting a certain site on the Mountain Simulcast. Thanks for all of the replies

pcorrin

Premium Subscriber
We need someone with Unitrunker/DSD+ to check Crossman Peak near Lake Havasu, there should be a Site 35 there:

We also still need someone to check Wrightwood (Site 33) and get freqs/NAC/neighbors.
I can see crossman peak from my front porch in AZ, the info for wrightwood(33) in unitrunker closely matches the crossman peak info on that ULS page and Colorado River Dispatch is active on it. so theres something askew about that info in the database.

officer_415

Database Admin
I can see crossman peak from my front porch in AZ, the info for wrightwood(33) in unitrunker closely matches the crossman peak info on that ULS page and Colorado River Dispatch is active on it. so theres something askew about that info in the database.

What does your scanner display for the site number? Are you able to run Unitrunker/DSD+ on it and get the freqs/NAC/neighbors?

pcorrin

Premium Subscriber
What does your scanner display for the site number? Are you able to run Unitrunker/DSD+ on it and get the freqs/NAC/neighbors?
here ya go, the WRIGHTWOOD control channel may be true but the missing information for it is in the ULS. The chino simulcast being a peer is highly suspect, the others are not.

Attachments

• IMG_20230104_115750385.jpg
    IMG_20230104_115750385.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20230104_115759919.jpg
    IMG_20230104_115759919.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20230104_115805509.jpg
    IMG_20230104_115805509.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20230104_115737996.jpg
    IMG_20230104_115737996.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20230104_120114629.jpg
    IMG_20230104_120114629.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 47

officer_415

Database Admin
The chino simulcast being a peer is highly suspect, the others are not.

DB shows Site 16 as Lake Havasu City (Contact Point Landing Area), not Chino Simulcast.

I've changed Site 33 to Crossman Peak based on your info; the only confusing thing is that Site 33 was reported as a neighbor of Site 13 (Mountain Simulcast) with control channel 853.850

Can anyone shed any light on this? @AM909 @f40ph

Last edited:

pcorrin

Premium Subscriber
DB shows Site 16 as Lake Havasu City (Contact Point Landing Area), not Chino Simulcast.

I've changed Site 33 to Crossman Peak based on your info; the only confusing thing is that Site 33 was reported as a neighbor of Site 13 (Mountain Simulcast) with control channel 853.850

Can anyone shed any light on this? @AM909 @f40ph

I had to update the data from the RRDB and yes its now site 16 "lake havasu city"

According to license info the 853.85 FREQ is attached to the following sites for the counties system
Ridgecrest(gov peak)
Forest Falls
Wrightwood
Lake Havasu(control point-in the city on the river edge)
Rice Ca
Crossman Peak
high desert(north of cajon pass east of 395)

ill be doing some more traveling this week and ill take my tablet and check some things out

officer_415

Database Admin
According to license info the 853.85 FREQ is attached to the following sites for the counties system
Ridgecrest(gov peak)
Forest Falls
Wrightwood
Lake Havasu(control point-in the city on the river edge)
Rice Ca
Crossman Peak
high desert(north of cajon pass east of 395)

It's currently listed in the DB for Forest Falls, Lake Havasu, Crossman Peak, and Government Peak.

Forest Falls and Government Peak are far enough apart for it to be used at both, but it doesn't make sense for it to be used at Lake Havasu AND Crossman Peak; they're too close together. If you delete it from Site 33 in Unitrunker, does it repopulate?

ill be doing some more traveling this week and ill take my tablet and check some things out

Sweet. Any updated info (freqs, neighbor lists, etc.) would be very helpful.

breed909

Premium Subscriber
Hello just wondering if anyone else is not hearing the p25 Valley simulcast system not working both my g5 and also sds 100 stop on transmission but no sound as of tonight.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
The Government Peak site gets no signal in Ridgecrest. I will see how it works in the Garlock area Saturday.
I see they also have an El Paso Peak site, which is on the range that might cause that shadow in the Ridgecrest area and further west, and should cover that area better. It's kind of the northwest corner of SB county, too, so they may well shape the patterns from those sites to cover more to the south and east.

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
Hello just wondering if anyone else is not hearing the p25 Valley simulcast system not working both my g5 and also sds 100 stop on transmission but no sound as of tonight.
What valley simulcast are you talking about? West, West Central, East Central or East? I was monitoring on Monday and West was doing fine.