San Diego area scanning questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd6ecz

Hello all,
I will be driving to the downtown San Diego area from the Inland Empire in August for the ESRI User Conference at the convention center. I'll be there for a couple of days and I'll have my Pro-96 with me. I have a p96 file that I compiled from a couple of sources and it appeared to work pretty well last summer.

Have there been any major changes to the trunked radio systems in San Diego County in the past year? Will my year old p96 file still keep me informed while I'm down there or should I do some updating to it?

Does anyone have any current p96 files for San Diego County that they'd like to share?

Thank you.

Last edited:

dangitdoug

Last year has been pretty stabile. You should have a grand time as normal. Enjoy!!

Doug K

kd6ecz

Fantastic! Thanks for the reply.

I think I'll take a look at what I have and maybe see of a little tweaking here and there is in order. What I compiled last year worked out great on what I was mainly interested in monitoring (the county RCS system and the San Diego City system).

dangitdoug

RCS Analog and SD City TRS are the primary systems I listen to. I am dabbling with some private security freqs, but not much of interest to listen to there.

Have not won the lotto or found a digital scanner lying in the middle of the street yet, so no digital for me:(

Doug K

ke6agk

Not much has changed in the last year. Check out some of the local amateur repeaters also. I usally can be found on 145.180 - 107.2.

73's

Jeff
KE6AGK

brandon

Database Admin
p96

Here is a good P96 file

Bank 1 - SDPD
Bank 2 - SDFD
Bank 3 - RCS South - Law
Bank 4 - RCS South - Fire
Bank 5 - RCS North - Law
Bank 6 - RCS North - Fire
Bank 7 - RCS East - Law
Bank 8 - RCS East - Fire
Bank 9 - Conventional
Bank 10 - LAPD

Biggest change in the past year is National City PD being on the RCS and the new RCS East site - most everything else is still the same.

Last edited:

kd6ecz

Hey guys,
I'll be driving down to San Diego for the ESRI Conference next week once again and I was wondering if there have been any changes to the radio systems down there. I have had pretty good luck monitoring both the RCS north and south systems along with the San Diego City system in the past but I was wondering if I need to update the trusty old Pro-96 this year.

Thanks.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Still no major changes down here. You might want to include 462.650 conventional in your list somewhere, that's the very active local news stringer frequency.

Local Website/forums at: Scan San Diego

kd6ecz

Thanks for the update. I guess I should open up my p96 file for the area and take a look at it. I think I still have the old National City trunked system programmed and not their newer RCS talkgroups so I'll have to remedy that. I don't think I have either of the eastern RCS systems either so I may have to add those as well.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
The eastern RCS isn't yet tied into a full loop, and it's usually somewhat hard to pick up the small loops back there unless you're in the mountains or otherwise good to the east.

Apparently they're pulling all the individual eastern sites into a full loop, slowly.

The only other fairly active system you might find interest in would be the navy trunk system in the 400 MHz band. Most of the base fire stuff is on there, along with all the admin stuff. Pendleton has a seperate 400 MHz trunk, also.

kd6ecz

I'll have to check out the Navy's radio system since I'll be staying at the Best Western on Shelter Island (my employer booked our rooms late so that's as close to the convention center as we could get).

I guess I'll ignore the eastern RCS system for the time being and see if I can make a single p96 file that I can use all the way from the Inland Empire down to San Diego. I'll probably have to use two files but it's easy enough to load a new one when I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.