San Joaquin SO/Lodi PD P25 changes coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
San Joaquin testing p25 on channel 3, 460.225 NAC 392. was previously only analog channel in lineup.

side note, they dumped delta wireless and are now using red cloud communications out of I believe antioch

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
Did they drop them because of the "going digital" disease? Has it improved? Wasn't Delta Wireless the same company that did the rebranding for SPD?

kma371

QRT
Did they drop them because of the "going digital" disease? Has it improved? Wasn't Delta Wireless the same company that did the rebranding for SPD?

not sure what you mean by going digital disease. I think they were just unhappy with the coverage but I'm not sure.

delta pretty much services every agency in the county with exception of tracy I think.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
The dispatchers referred to not being able to hear a unit because of the radio noise and termed it "going digital". If SPD has had great success through Delta why do you think SJSO is getting the short end of the stick??? The amount of added coverage needed?

kma371

QRT
The dispatchers referred to not being able to hear a unit because of the radio noise and termed it "going digital". If SPD has had great success through Delta why do you think SJSO is getting the short end of the stick??? The amount of added coverage needed?

I would think so. they cover a lot of ground compared to Stockton.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
delta pretty much services every agency in the county with exception of tracy I think.
OT: Ray's Radio does some other agencies which I can't think of at the moment. They also do Tracy/Sharpe Depot (LLNL does not do their radio maint).

Status
Not open for further replies.