Sandy Spring New Caprice PPV

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey30265

A buddy of mine sent me this pic today. I wonder how these are going to hold up?

Attachments

• 388217_10150473418694212_522434211_8925167_2088086875_n.jpg
    388217_10150473418694212_522434211_8925167_2088086875_n.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 1,187

Casey

I wonder how many they purchased? It looked like they went to Dodges last procurement cycle. Maybe they put one in livery and are going to use it as a tester?

N4KVE

It's not like it's a new car. It's a rebadged Pontiac G-8, but since Pontiac doesn't exist anymore they renamed it a Chevy. The car is made at the Holden factory, in Australia, where the G-8's were made, & where the new Camaro's were designed. Holden is the Australian arm of GM. 6.2 liter engine, so it will have plenty of power. Supposedly only available to law enforcement, but some dealers have been selling them to the public. Finally, Chevy is back in the game. GARY N4KVE

bonus1331

Looks like a lot of LE departments are having to make decisions since the end of the Cr. Victoria/Grand Marquis were announced.
Just read last night that Peachtree City is retiring a bunch of Cr. Victorias and are also going with the Chevy.
I'm in the rental car business and personally extremely happy that there won't be any more of the "poor man's Lincolns" being produced. Customers hate them!

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
The civilian version of the CV and Marquis hasn't been made since 2007, and as car rental company unless you are talking about them being used as taxi's I don't get what your saying. Personally I would take a CV over a Lincoln any day, and a Chevy is just a poor mans Cadillac. Ford is going to have a tough time wooing back PD's when they drop the CV, and I suspect a real price war will break out. Ford also dropped their bi-turbo version of the Tarus, and has backtracked with just 2 different 6cly engines. I heard all about Chevy limiting the cars to P.S. even stating that any damaged in transit would either be sent back to AU for repair or destroyed (I highly doubt that). it costs them enough to bring them in as it is, and I guess if nobody at Chevy finds out a dealer can sell anything to anyone. I have never had a hard time buying any new make of PD car in the last 35 years, and I have had quite a number of them. You just have to find the right dealer who is hungry or needs to sell to make quota or contract. (My last excursion was a dealer who ordered 60 cars in the wrong color) As far as Dodge, they might as a comeback to Chevy's 6.2 put the 6.1 Hemi in next years Charger, or at least make it an option. Funny how Chevy at the Mich time trials only beat the Dodge's 5.7 Hemi by .1 sec in the 1/4 mile and 1 MPH top speed.
BTW that picture looks like the 6 cyl version.

bonus1331

We, along with every other major car rental company received thousands of 2011 Cr. Vics and Gr. Marquis since last Summer.
Customers, as well as myself it truthful; consider these cars to be for folks that are more "mature".
These cars have always been winners in Florida.

Porkins

I'd like to have one as my daily driver. Butts County have two black slicktops, I'd like to get an upclose look but they are always moving when I see them.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I talked to a SSPD officer about a week ago, he said they bought 6 of them to replace units that are going out of service. So far, the ones driving them seem to like 'em. Nice thing for the officers, they are each assigned a car and they tend to take good care of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.