Saving two separate ProScan startups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
I am using ProScan to operate a BCD996t and a BCD996xt on a Dell Optiplex running Windows XP SP3. I am streaming the feeds.

What do I need to do to do the following?
1. Place icons on my desktop for each scanner that are easily and quickly identifiable. (i.e. color coded)
2. When I click on each scanner icon.. The program opens to each correct scanner type, port number, comm port number, color scheme, and internet audio adjustments (one scanner is on the left channel.. the other on the right)

Even though I have created separate folders for each scanner.. no matter which icon I click on first.. the same port number, comm port number and display color theme, and internet audio info comes up for the same scanner. I can't simply click on the 996t and xt and have individual preferences show on each. I have to reconfigure info on the second scanner to get it where I want it.

This is true with both ProScan versions for the server and client.

Like I said.. I have separate folders, for each icon, (which I have renamed 996t and 996xt) but it has made no difference.

The bottom line is that I will have scanner illiterate folks listening on the client side and starting up each scanner on their end can't be too complicated.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

bgav

Premium Subscriber
Install Proscan again, but choose a different installation folder than the default (name it Proscan_2 for example).

Create separate desktop shortcuts for Proscan.exe for each installation and name them to your liking (Proscan_BCD996t.lnk and Proscan_BCD996xt.lnk).

Status
Not open for further replies.