Scanner ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
scanner ban

[Transit systems, railroads and airports don't take kindly to people who are intercepting their operations/communications.

I was at Seatac airport when I went to Dayton Ohio I have never had a promblem with any airport official asking me about my scanner. When Iam at Seatac I listen to Port of Seattle

I flew a month after 9-11 and had my scanner with me and they did not say a word to me.... Or in any other airport that I have been in

Last edited:

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
Scanner Ban

[ have been, at Gurnee Mills Mall by their Rent-a-cops. (461.225MHz)

I go to the Everett Mall in Washington and also to the Alderwood mall and to the Bellingham mall I have never had a promblem yet.

Last edited:

Rico8458

VernM said:
mciupa said:
Banned or ejected ? :confused:

Transit systems, railroads and airports don't take kindly to people who are intercepting their operations/communications....

The only people who "don't take kindly" to people listening to them talk, either in person or by radio, are people who have something to hide. Stand up to them now or prepare to have your radios confiscated or legislated out of your hands by a government that seems to have more and more that it can't or won't explain to its taxpayers and electorate.

(From a radio/scanner listener/former newsman for more than 50 years)

I agree with that sir. once government takes this issue to the constitutional level for debate, well, we alll may lose on that day, but civilian radio use is a must to help defend our land.

Sonar

I was forced out of a mall for carrying a 2m HT. This was before the popularity of FRS radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.