Scanner Over IP & Scanner Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

worcnews

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious to see if anyone has tried any of this software or code.I would like to set-up a bcd396xt with this to control my scanner through my private website for private usage. Using the webpage control with php script to connect to the scanner server.
Source code-https://sites.google.com/site/radioetcetera/home/scanner-over-ip

Something similar to Scanneraudio.com :: Worcester MA / Springfield MA

Any advice would be greatly appreciated I'm a paralyzed quadriplegic looking for alternative ways to listen to the scanner that I can manipulate.

Tahoe1970

Premium Subscriber
What I use...

I haven't tried it with other software but here's my solution for remote scanning.

I have mostly GRE produced scanners so I can start there. My technique requires a second computer to be attached to the radio and be permanently connected (at least when I want to monitor).

For the Pro-106, 197, PSR-500, & 600, I use Win500 to manage the radios. It also allows logging, recording, and remote monitoring and control. I run the Win500 program software on a small "barebones" computer which is always on and constantly logging/recording various frequencies. I am also able to run/control several radios simultaneously with this one computer.

When I am away from the radio setup, I can use it in conjunction with the Win500 client software (included in the original purchase and installed on a laptop) to listen across the internet or across my home network. In the client, you enter the IP address and the port number assigned to the program on the computer controlling the radio. You can enter a local IP address across your home network or the ip address of your home connection when you are across the internet.

I looked at one of your old posts and it appears you're trying to control a BCT15X. I don't have any experience with FreeScan
https://sites.google.com/site/sixspotsoftware//products/freescan
but it does allow "remote control" according to the site. I don't know if that includes control across IP but it is free to use.

I'm pretty sure ProScan
ProScan
will do it the same as Win500 (which is only for GRE produced radios) but it costs $50. It does offer a free 30 day trial to see if it works for what you want and there is a client free to download onto your laptop.

Not sure if this really answers your question but it is the setup I use to do the same thing that I believe you are trying to set up.

You will be able to find more about these programs in this forum.

Let us know how it's going

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm pretty sure ProScan
ProScan
will do it the same as Win500 (which is only for GRE produced radios) but it costs $50. It does offer a free 30 day trial to see if it works for what you want and there is a client free to download onto your laptop.

The ProScan free client is one option. The ProScan Web Server is another option. It allows remote control using any browser and therefore works on any platform. ProScan next version due out in about a month will have an enhanced Web Server feature.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I'm curious to see if anyone has tried any of this software or code.I would like to set-up a bcd396xt with this to control my scanner through my private website for private usage. Using the webpage control with php script to connect to the scanner server.
Source code-https://sites.google.com/site/radioetcetera/home/scanner-over-ip

Something similar to Scanneraudio.com :: Worcester MA / Springfield MA

Any advice would be greatly appreciated I'm a paralyzed quadriplegic looking for alternative ways to listen to the scanner that I can manipulate.

I have that setup up and running. I'm the author of that page :lol:

If you PM me I can send you a link to a scanner I have online to try it out.

I'd also be interested in creating a web app to interact with Freescan for non-iOS devices if cpuerror is willing to release the protocol information.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.