Scanner Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

signguy10

Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2008
Messages
68
Reaction score
11
Location
Saint Paul
Can anyone tell me more about these settings for the Uniden scanners? They are all set to default right now. I am just wondering what all the settings mean and if changing any would help with my reception. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
80067
 

Whiskey3JMC

Surfer of the Delaware Valley Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
10,801
Reaction score
9,541
Location
Simulcastylvania, TE
Knowing what scanner you are using and the system(s) you are having trouble monitoring would help us point you in the right direction...
 

ofd8001

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
8,509
Reaction score
1,638
Location
Louisville, KY
While I can't explain why or how it does, I've found that on the simulcast sites in the twin cities area changing the P25 threshold mode to Manual and the P25 threshold level to 7 helps with some of the garble on my 536's. However, there are different factors/influences and these are something to experiment with to get best/most pleasing results.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top