scanning device and software

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymond0517

I am new to radio scanning,
for a start, I am looking for a device attached to my laptop that allows me to scan for radio signal from 100 KHz to 12 GHz, any specific USB-SDR to meet this requirement ?

as I am new to SDR and devices,
can I also ask the following :

1) what are the softwares (specific software name) available to show radio signals that exists within a selected frequency range, a list showing the exact frequency and its corresponding signal strength

2) what are the software available that allow capturing and playing and recording AM / FM/ TV signals on laptop

3) any specific technical requirement for the antenna, just for normal scanning of radio signals in an enclosed room

thanks for the advice

Raymond

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
No one SDR device covers 100KHz to 12GHz.

This one covers 500KHz to 1.7GHz:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0129EBDS2/

I recommend it because it has a more accurate oscillator (you won't have to manually correct frequencies) and lower end of freq range, and a SMA antenna connector.

SDR# is free software and does a lot of what you want.

Antenna is based on frequency range you're monitoring, regardless of whether SDR, digital, analog, etc. No single antenna will cover 100KHz to 12GHz. You'll need to prioritize what you want to listen to most and go from there.

There is a SDR forum here, you'll get more detailed info asking specific questions there.

Status
Not open for further replies.