Scanning Hancock County Mississippi Sheriff's Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Does anyone know what frequency Hancock County SO units use? Also does anyone know how a Hancock County Deputy calls out on his/her radio? Like how do they call their dispatch (what do they say basically?) Thanks in advance!!!

SCPD

QRT
Ok thanks. I know how to listen to certain frequecies. But how do you program the scanner for trunked radios?

nexus

You will not be able to listen to anything in Hancock County with that scanner then.

You MUST have an APCO 25 DIGITAL scanner. Uniden makes the BC-996T, or 396.

If you try listening with your 2051 all you will here is noise.

nexus

Oh and to answer the other part of this question, when they talk on the radio, the dispatch is simply called "HANCOCK" and the units will use their badge number...

a common communication would sound like this:
Unit 103 says - 103 HANCOCK
dispatch responds - 103
Unit 103 says - twenty-eight/twenty-nine on 9 1 5 Henry Frank George.
dispatch responds - negative twenty-nine on a black chevrolet malibu comes back to joe doe of 1313 mockingbird lane gulfport.
Unit 103 responds - 10-4 hancock, I'm going to go signal three with that car at 603 and I-10.

Ok you probably get the picture there... So units use their issued badge number, and dispatch is called HANCOCK. Bay St. Louis PD and Waveland PD are also on the system and Bay St. Louis just simply goes by "BAY" and waveland is "WAVELAND" when units talk to dispatch. It's not to difficult to tell who you're listening to, but you'll need that digital scanner to hear any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.