Schenectady county n.y. 800 system

wkredick

I see the DB was updated with a bunch of fire talk groups. Any idea if there are simplex fire ground channels too?
I would imagine eventually they will be assigning some simplex non repeated fire ground channels. Especially once they go live 100% and lose trunking signals inside basements and rough areas. Plus it will be nice to be able to move fire police to a non repeated channel if they get to chatty. LOL

KC3ECJ

I would imagine eventually they will be assigning some simplex non repeated fire ground channels. Especially once they go live 100% and lose trunking signals inside basements and rough areas. Plus it will be nice to be able to move fire police to a non repeated channel if they get to chatty. LOL

I'm not in this area, but the county where I'm at in Pennsylvania, fire mostly uses conventional non-trunked analog frequencies.
The 911 center transmitts through towers to talk to the on scene firefighters but the units on scene don't get repeated through the towers despite using the same output frequency as the 911 center. The 911 center picks them up though remote receivers. Fire units on scene are talking to each other directly using simplex.
I forget the term for this method.
It's not something they've always did here. Something they started in recent years.

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
There are some ground channels, I'll look into them and get them submitted to the DB. there's a few more Glenville departments on the system now and steadily adding more county departments to the system.

mikec10

Even though the consensus is the Schenectady County Police frequencies are encrypted is there a reason the new frequencies/talk groups are not listed in the data base

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Even though the consensus is the Schenectady County Police frequencies are encrypted is there a reason the new frequencies/talk groups are not listed in the data base

Did you look at the database ?

I see the Schenectady cell as well as talk groups. Talk groups get added by volunteer submissions. If there are others no one has submitted them.

k2hz

Database Admin
Did you look at the database ?

I see the Schenectady cell as well as talk groups. Talk groups get added by volunteer submissions. If there are others no one has submitted them.
OP was asking specifically why Schenectady PD talk groups are not included. Answer is because not submitted yet. Probably since encrypted, no one had been able to positively ID them for submission.

mikec10

Thankyou k2hz, wasn't sure if someone had a source for those specific frequencies. I will keep my eyes and ears open though. Thanks again.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Thankyou k2hz, wasn't sure if someone had a source for those specific frequencies. I will keep my eyes and ears open though. Thanks again.
The frequencies themselves are not encrypted, the talkgroups are. A trunked system uses a pool of frequencies shared by all talkgroups, so features such as encryption are done at the talkgroup level.

W2DFC

Premium Subscriber
ALL of the Town of Glenville Departments are on the 800 system now...and Wells was working at Niskayuna District 1 today 1/19/22 doing installs and radio checks.

W2DFC

Premium Subscriber
I am having a terrible time getting anything to receive
Dave some scanners have a difficult time with the simulcast system…which scanner is it…i know the 996P2 is phase 2 but it stuggles with simulcast…the 436 and 536 handle it pretty well and the SDS-100 and 200 were built for simulcast systems.

W2DFC

Premium Subscriber
Dave some scanners have a difficult time with the simulcast system…which scanner is it…i know the 996P2 is phase 2 but it stuggles with simulcast…the 436 and 536 handle it pretty well and the SDS-100 and 200 were built for simulcast systems.
And of course the Unication G4 and 5 pagers are no issue with receiving the 4 is digital only the 5 is analog for dispatch and digital both.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Looking at the amount of tower sites on RR map, it's a helluva nice simulcast cluster for a smaller county, and yes including noticing lower power on the license than surrounding areas. I know the typical suggested fix is aiming a yagi at one site, even that may bring different results on this one

Last edited:

mikec10

My sds100 receives Schenectady Countys new system with no problem. No outdoor antenna...just the rubber duckie. I even receive Saratoga County transmissions with the duckie....I am in the Woodlawn area. The duckie is the 800 meg replacement from Scannermaster. Great little antenna.

noseydon

Premium Subscriber
I heard parking p7 on ID 10120 also 10121 popped up but no voice