BCD436HP/BCD536HP: SD Holder broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

w5tor

Premium Subscriber
I have Holder that is defective that holds the sd card. I am assuming that this a Job for Uniden in Texas. It will not hold the Sd card in Place.

This is the third time this scanner has had been in the shop. Thanks appreciate any ideas.

TGP

Premium Subscriber
The holder Uniden uses is very confusing compared to others.
If you don't open it correctly it will come apart.
Look at it closely and study it a minute.
You will see that the outer tabs fit in small slots on the side.
I have carefully put them back and very slightly bent the sides enough to hold.
They usually get bent out.

Good Luck

Tom

w5tor

Premium Subscriber
TOM, can you provide the correct way for the tabs to fit on the slots. thanks W5TOR

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
TOM, can you provide the correct way for the tabs to fit on the slots. thanks W5TOR
This is a pretty delicate thing to put in. I have fixed our floor model's with a pair of needle nose pliers, but generally we recommend sending it in.

The two legs of the part have two inward facing pegs on the bottom, and there should be two slots on the right hand side of the tray facing outward. those pegs need to go into those, but not too tightly to restrict sliding back and fourth. when the metal clip is slid all the way to the right, the two flanges on the left hand side need to clear a groove that normally locks the tab down, and provides the tension required for the SD card to make contact with the terminals. the flat part that has the "lock" and "unlock" written on them should be facing outward.

Again, this is fairly delicate, and getting the legs right to stay in the slot and still slide is sort of difficult, but if you believe you can replace it without causing damage, it could be worth a shot, and as long as you don't cause any damage, you can always send it in. it is generally just a case of moving those legs together slightly so they will stay in the grooves.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I'll take a pic later. It should be something most users can do without sending for repair. In a long meeting, so hopefully can do this afternoon if someone does not beat me to it.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
I'll take a pic later. It should be something most users can do without sending for repair. In a long meeting, so hopefully can do this afternoon if someone does not beat me to it.
I would love to, but am burdened by IT restrictions and PPI compliance.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I might be able to post a picture if I get home early. I put mine back in a few times on the 436hp.

w5tor

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Guys, I appreciate the responses. I had a engineer that works with things help get the holder pack in place. I still would like a picture if possible but I understand legal issues. Thanks W5TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.