SDR++ Changing Digits With Mouse Scroll Wheel Problems

BOBRR

Hi,

Have been using the latest, I think, vers. of SDR++ on my mac with an Airspy HF+ Discovery.
Impressive, but has its share of "glitches"

Having all sorts of problems actually tuning the freq.

I hover the arrow over the digit in the display, and use the scroll wheel to try to increase or decrease the digit.
Is this the correct way of doing it ?

Any other ways ?

To say its "flaky" is an understatement.

Any tricks to doing it as you would expect, or is my scroll wheel going bad, or only works with certain Mouse(s), or... ?

BTW: what's the latest vers. ?

Thanks,
Bob

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
I hover the arrow over the digit in the display, and use the scroll wheel to try to increase or decrease the digit.
Is this the correct way of doing it ?

Any other ways ?
Mouse wheel works as expected for me. Up and down arrow keys also work to scroll through digits. You can also click the first digit you want to modify and type the frequency (backspace key goes back to previous digit). Plenty of ways to change frequency

BTW: what's the latest vers. ?

Last edited:

tuihill

Just noticed the post above re latest version of SDR++.
I installed 1.1.0 on my 2017 MacBook last year and it performs quite well with my AirSpy HF+ Discovery.
This is the only SDR I have ever operated so can't compare it to anything else. Suits my needs just fine.

I don't remember how I did it but there was quite a process to get the app installed on the Mac.
I've downloaded the new version sdrpp_macos_intel.zip but get an error message when try to open it.

Screen Shot 2024-08-10 at 08.26.21.png

I'm not a github regular having only ever been here once before for this app. There must be an installer or the like that I have missed.
Is anyone able to help me out here?
Cheers.

moonbounce

I don't use SDR++ I use SDRSharp and in that I have noticed that if my sample rate is too low I will get an incorrect frequency reading, just a thought.

Moonbounce