SDR-Radio + multiple VFOs + multiple audio outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I am using SDR-Radio with an RTL dongle. SDR-Radio V2 supports multiple VFOs. Each of those VFOs can be set to use a separate audio output device.

My plan is similar to what Scott from Scan-NE and br0adband were discussing.

Dongle --> five VFOs tuned to five different control channels within a 2 Mhz chunk of spectrum. VAC (Virtual Audio Cable) is used to create 5 audio devices. Each audio device is fed to a different receiver in Unitrunker.

RTL --> SDR-Radio --> VFO# --> VAC Output # --> UT Receiver #

I managed to get it all set up to where all VFOs were functioning. But only one VFO at a time would output it's audio across VAC, despite the fact that I had five separate VAC virtual audio cables set up, had each VFO set to use a different VAC instance, and had each VAC instance feeding into a separate Discriminator|Signal receiver in Unitrunker.

One of the VFOs always had the audio mute button available -- that's the one that was successfully feeding its output through the VAC and into UT. The other four receivers all had X's inside the icon for muting audio, and no audio was going through their respective VAC cable. I had no way to enable/disable the muteness on those.

I'm doing something wrong, because both Scott and br0adband indicated that they did indeed get multiple VFOs working off of one RTL AND [I think] successfully got each one of them to feed through a different audio device and into either Unitrunker or DSD+.

I'm hoping they'll comment. But if you have experience with this, please do comment. I didn't want to post in the existing post where their adventure was discussed, since my post would have been off topic.

Anyone know why I wouldn't be able to get more than one VAC cable transferring audio at the same time? I purchased my VAC license, so it's not a license limitation on VAC.

Mike

br0adband

There's a button at the top (on the Home ribbon) that says "Current VFO Only" and if that's selected all the other VFOs will never be heard nor will they pipe their output as configured. It's working for me, hasn't been an issue once I realized that - and I'm sure you covered it yourself, maybe you just missed that one thing, who knows. ;)

I don't use "the original" Virtual Audio Cable (the commercial product), I use VB-Audio Cable but that limits me to just 3 cables but at the moment (again) I don't have a need for more because I just don't have any P25 systems here in my area I worry about presently, and as far as DMR/MOTOTRBO or NXDN systems since there's nothing that can follow them per control channels, that's not a concern either.

This is the only thing that comes to mind (and also obviously each VFO needs to be enabled and not individually muted, of course).

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
There's a button at the top (on the Home ribbon) that says "Current VFO Only" and if that's selected all the other VFOs will never be heard nor will they pipe their output as configured. It's working for me, hasn't been an issue once I realized that - and I'm sure you covered it yourself, maybe you just missed that one thing, who knows. ;)

No, I deifnitely _missed that one. In fact, expecting immediate success, I started clicking on all sorts of stuff pretty early in. One was setting Current VFO Only and some other things in VAC such as one that talks about mixing channels.

I'm going to fumble around through things again here in a few minutes, but I'm sure that "Current VFO Only" is going to be my issue.

Thanks for the help, bb. I'll let you know how it goes.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.