SDRTrunk Maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silberj

I've had SDRTrunk running for awhile now, currently using the A3 which has bee performing well thus far. I searched, and maybe didn't search enough, but how do I set up and use the maps function in SDRTrunk? Please excuse me if it covered elsewhere and I missed it. Thanks in advance.

waterbwuk

Feed Provider
What type of system? It should automatically plot anything it gets GPS coordinates for.

waterbwuk

Feed Provider
Well that's probably it then, just a standard P25 trunking system, don't think there is any GPS capability with it.

There was a recent discussion on the SDRTrunk Google Group about mapping on P25 systems and the creator of SDRTrunk said he believes on P25 systems the GPS coordinates are transmitted via the mobile unit to the P25 channel, so you would need to be close to a unit transmitting and be monitoring the uplink frequency. If GPS coordinates are transmitted it's normally via UDP/IP packets on port 4001. I believe you need to have "Ignore Data Calls" switched off also.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
P25 systems do not rebroadcast GPS locations over the repeater outputs. The subscribers (mobiles and portables) transmit their location to the system on the repeater inputs for the designated data channel, and the system sends back only an acknowledgement of the data call.

In other words, there is nothing for SDRTrunk to decode when trunk tracking a P25 system in the usual fashion.

gotcha sir. Im monitoring p25 conventional and trunked. I thought the SDRTRUNK can put together the GPS coordinates.

Status
Not open for further replies.