SDS100/SDS200: SDS-100 updated firmware control channel issues

lkas

Premium Subscriber
I updated my sds100 to the latest firmware. Since then i am having issues with p25 control channel signal strength. My one county for example is p25 phase 1. The control channel uses to come in at -97 rssi with 4 out of 5 signal bars. Since the firmware upgrade the signals is -92 rssi 5 bars however the control channel is jumping from the signal of -92 rssi to nothing aka blank. IT is rapidly doing this back and forth. This is also happening on a p25 800mhz county. I have has the sds-100 for 2 years and nothing had been changed in reference to the settings. I have played with the filters with no luck. ALso, the hold time is set for 5 seconds and i am not scanning different counties. IT is set to hold one county as i look into this issue. Any suggestions?

lkas

Premium Subscriber
-92 db is more signal and better than -97 db
as far as jumping to blank it sounds like you have PRIORITY turned on.
i am aware of the stronger signal. The priority is not on. The only thing that has changed is the new firmware

Ubbe

i am aware of the stronger signal. The priority is not on. The only thing that has changed is the new firmware
Do you have a spare SD card you can use? Take out your current SD card and store it in a safe place. You can also copy the whole x36 main folder to your PC as a backup. Then take a new SD card and clean user data from Sentinel and create a new clean profile and a favorite file for your county from the database and set all service types to be enabled.

/Ubbe

lkas

Premium Subscriber
Do you have a spare SD card you can use? Take out your current SD card and store it in a safe place. You can also copy the whole x36 main folder to your PC as a backup. Then take a new SD card and clean user data from Sentinel and create a new clean profile and a favorite file for your county from the database and set all service types to be enabled.

/Ubbe
i have a 128 gb card but it would not work. I just ordered a couple more 64gb on amazon, The overall reception on the one county that uses p25 is good. IT is just weird when on the control channel the rssi and signal bars jump from -91 and 4 bars to nothing. It is like it is flashing. This never used to happen

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
32GB MAX as per the user manual and the many post by UPMan
32 is the max officially supported by Uniden.

Think Joe is using a 128gb.

lkas

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like a loose coax cable. Verify it’s tight on the back.
i checked that this morning. I have a omni x antenna on roof that feeds it . Cable is good. The other depts are working as normal except for one other. The weird part is when it jumps from a control channel to a voice channel and the signal meter is working like normal.

bearcatrp

Is it possible that control channel is having issues on there end? With that one being the only issue, I would give it a day or two to see if it corrects itself. Don’t think the firmware has anything to do with this as allot of your systems would do this. Keep us updated on your progress.

lkas

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible that control channel is having issues on there end? With that one being the only issue, I would give it a day or two to see if it corrects itself. Don’t think the firmware has anything to do with this as allot of your systems would do this. Keep us updated on your progress.
will do, the only other agency i have this issues with is a 800mhz p25 from a county to the east of my location. With them using the omni x antenna it does the same thing. When i add the remtronix 800 mhz antenna i also have outside and combine the signals the issue stops and the control channel locks on at -79rssi

Ubbe

i have a 128 gb card but it would not work.
You can always partition it to 32BG by downloading any free program that has that feature, or do it manually but is a bit more complicated to do in a command window. The SD standard goes to 32GB but then the SD card companies manage to do 64GB by switching from one 32GB page to another 32GB and could also do the same in 32GB blocks up to 128GB but the way to switch page are sometimes not compatible with the device it is used in, there are some timing issues when switching pages that the device must consider. It usually says in the manual for all devices that they only support 32GB cards due to this uncertainty that all brands of bigger SD cards will actually work.

/Ubbe

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Have you tried to adjust the filters on a per site basis?
After i updated my firmware, i had to go from Wide Normal to Wide Invert on my SDS100.

lkas

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried to adjust the filters on a per site basis?
After i updated my firmware, i had to go from Wide Normal to Wide Invert on my SDS100.
Yes. I was using normal. I tried all the other filters. The rest of the filters do not even pick up the control channel. I stick with normal and rssi is 90

lkas

Premium Subscriber
Did you try filter off?
yeah i went down the list and tried each one. IT is just weird because the voice transmissions are normal as well as the signal when they are broadcasted. It only does this on the control channel

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I updated my sds100 to the latest firmware. Since then i am having issues with p25 control channel signal strength. My one county for example is p25 phase 1. The control channel uses to come in at -97 rssi with 4 out of 5 signal bars. Since the firmware upgrade the signals is -92 rssi 5 bars however the control channel is jumping from the signal of -92 rssi to nothing aka blank. IT is rapidly doing this back and forth. This is also happening on a p25 800mhz county. I have has the sds-100 for 2 years and nothing had been changed in reference to the settings. I have played with the filters with no luck. ALso, the hold time is set for 5 seconds and i am not scanning different counties. IT is set to hold one county as i look into this issue. Any suggestions?
That sounds like the radio's housekeeping cycle.