SDS100/SDS200: SDS Update 1.23.07 sub 1.03.05

blackbelter

I also see the flashing NAC after the latest FW update . P25 decoding is good with no significant differences from the previous FW .

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Not seeing this happening. Did a programming change happen under the Settings to Ignore Site NAC or Search NAC under the Sites tab?
I did do a programming change, but the last things were to change NAC Search to the value shown in the DB. I did not see an option to ignore Site NAC, but I could have overlooked it.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I did do a programming change, but the last things were to change NAC Search to the value shown in the DB. I did not see an option to ignore Site NAC, but I could have overlooked it.
Under Menu...Settings..Site NAC Operation, you have the option there. It appears you may not be alone as others have posted the same issue after you did.

jason51

Did it fix the Provoice trunking issue? Last update ruined Provoice it is almost unreadable.

Bill696

In addition to my earlier message here, I notice that some digital (Non p25) signals are being decoded with more audio gain it seems, the audio on my side has become harsh to listen to. Anyone has any ideas on what to do on my Sds100 whenever digital decoding sounds over modulated or simply to loud leading to distortion? I’ve noticed it before that whenever there is loud modulation on DMR, it was almost clipping but the new FW made it much more of a problem. Not sure if I am missing something. Already tried IFX and filter settings.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
No flashing NAC here. Is it possible that it is a a tad “less deaf” on some VHF analog? Haven’t noticed the DMR issue yet?

Ubbe

the audio on my side has become harsh to listen to.
I’ve noticed it before that whenever there is loud modulation on DMR, it was almost clipping but the new FW made it much more of a problem.

Enable a field in the display to show data errors, Digital Error Count, and look if you have a bad reception that would do errors up at 10 or more that can cause distorted sound. If you have a high signal from a system, -70dBm or higher up to -60dBm, then always enable the attenuator for that site to not overload the receiver.

When I loaded the waterfall firmware for my SDS100E I got the modulation type changed from auto to fixed values and digital waiting time from 0ms to 100ms in the Search/CloseCall settings. It made the 420Mhz band set to AM and 88-108 broadcast set to FM and lowVHF that are using FM where set to NFM.

The firmware in the scanner are using fixed memory locations for settings, lets say keybeep use memory 1 and NAC operation memory 2 and Global filter memory 3. Then if Uniden isn't careful they could add a new function that uses memory 2 and then move Nac to memory 3 and global filter to memory 4. It will then make Nac use the value that has been stored previously in memory 3 by the global filter function.

When Whistler release firmware they sometimes have made these relocations of memory positions for functions and they inform that it is crucial to reset the scanner to clear all memory settings. I haven't seen any notifications from Uniden that you have to reset the scanners memory. If you use the matching Sentinel for the latest firmware then when programming the scanner again it will set the memory locations correctly, but if you just upgrade and then directly use the scanner without writing a new programming to it then it could use incorrect values for some functions. That's probably why some users see issues and other do not that have done a new write to their scanner.

/Ubbe

Last edited:

blackbelter

1.23.07 Main (03/22/2024)​

• Fixed an issue where the P25 Phase 2 NAC was not displayed correctly on voice channels.
So the new flashing NAC is by design and only effects P25P2 systems ?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

1.23.07 Main (03/22/2024)​

• Fixed an issue where the P25 Phase 2 NAC was not displayed correctly on voice channels.
So the new flashing NAC is by design ?
I explained the "issue" that was fixed. I'm still monitoring to see if this has resolved the issue of Phase 2 talk groups "garbling" with this update. I suspected this had something to do with the the scanner having issues when two voice paths are being used on different slots on the same frequency. It was more likely to occur when the system was busy, at least in my observations.

If you set the Site(s) on Phase 2 (TDMA) talk groups to Ignore NAC, two separate NAC's would be seen while a unit was transmitting. The first would be the Site NAC, then on the same row, some other NAC (on my system 001h) would be seen when units transmit. This wasn't seen on Phase 1 (FDMA) talk groups even if the system is Phase 2 capable. I just experimented and that issue has been resolved with the latest firmware.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Noticed something interesting last night. First a scenario set up. Both my SDS200s are programmed exactly the same, both have DMR/MotoTRBO activated, both are firmware updated equally and both have the exact same antennas connected to them. I get very good strong reception of our state's P25 phase2 statewide system. I noticed that when the same TG came on at the same time on both scanners, with signal strength being identical, and I pressed "hold" something different happens. One scanner just shows the frequency, the other, keeps changing frequencies even though it is on hold. That has never happened before. I did this a few times to make sure it was not a one time thing. Very strange. This happened after I did the firmware upgrade. Not sure if it is related or not but it is an obvious change. Just putting it out there in case anyone else experience it.

Manny

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Noticed something interesting last night. First a scenario set up. Both my SDS200s are programmed exactly the same, both have DMR/MotoTRBO activated, both are firmware updated equally and both have the exact same antennas connected to them. I get very good strong reception of our state's P25 phase2 statewide system. I noticed that when the same TG came on at the same time on both scanners, with signal strength being identical, and I pressed "hold" something different happens. One scanner just shows the frequency, the other, keeps changing frequencies even though it is on hold. That has never happened before. I did this a few times to make sure it was not a one time thing. Very strange. This happened after I did the firmware upgrade. Not sure if it is related or not but it is an obvious change. Just putting it out there in case anyone else experience it.

Manny
I would suspect it's scanning other sites.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Anybody else got problems with DMR? after the latest update on my SDS100 the volume on DMR seems to be way too loud. sound is very harsh. is there a way to safely downgrade without losing activated digital modes?
No issues with any of my DMR OFT systems previously programmed. Did you self-program or download them from the database? You can edit the Volume Offset if you have them set up in a Favorite List.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I update SDS100 #1 and I am also seeing the Flashing NAC when the Scanner is receiving traffic on one of my TG's.

I also see the flashing NAC after the latest FW update . P25 decoding is good with no significant differences from the previous FW .
Checked my SDS100 this morning, and unable to duplicate this. I have them all programmed in a Favorite List, under Settings, under Site NAC Operation, I have it set to Use Site NAC, and under the Site setting in my trunking systems, I have a NAC programmed. Just comparing what I have it here.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I would suspect it's scanning other sites.
Kevin, how is that possible if both scanners are in the "hold" mode at the same time with the same TG? 1 just shows a steady single frequency when stopped, the other changes frequencies while on hold.

Manny

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Kevin, how is that possible if both scanners are in the "hold" mode at the same time with the same TG? 1 just shows a steady single frequency when stopped, the other changes frequencies while on hold.

Manny
If you are scanning multiple sites of a system and then hold it will sample each site. Check to see if the other scanner is only scanning one site.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
If you are scanning multiple sites of a system and then hold it will sample each site. Check to see if the other scanner is only scanning one site.
No sir! Just checked. Both scanners are programmed exactly the same and are used only for this one particular P25 P2 statewide system. In fact, when I update the database through Sentinel, I send it to both scanners so that they are both doing the same thing. This way if an incident pops up, I can stop on that department while the other scanner keeps scanning the system. This avoids having to use priority which I hate. It’s no big deal, I just found this weird fenomena to be something different that’s never happened before. I have always hit “hold” on either scanner and everything stops at that point.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
No sir! Just checked. Both scanners are programmed exactly the same and are used only for this one particular P25 P2 statewide system. In fact, when I update the database through Sentinel, I send it to both scanners so that they are both doing the same thing. This way if an incident pops up, I can stop on that department while the other scanner keeps scanning the system. This avoids having to use priority which I hate. It’s no big deal, I just found this weird fenomena to be something different that’s never happened before. I have always hit “hold” on either scanner and everything stops at that point.
If you have your display set to show site ID's does it change when this is happening?