SDS100/SDS200: SDS Update 1.23.07 sub 1.03.05

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Noticed something interesting last night. First a scenario set up. Both my SDS200s are programmed exactly the same, both have DMR/MotoTRBO activated, both are firmware updated equally and both have the exact same antennas connected to them. I get very good strong reception of our state's P25 phase2 statewide system. I noticed that when the same TG came on at the same time on both scanners, with signal strength being identical, and I pressed "hold" something different happens. One scanner just shows the frequency, the other, keeps changing frequencies even though it is on hold. That has never happened before. I did this a few times to make sure it was not a one time thing. Very strange. This happened after I did the firmware upgrade. Not sure if it is related or not but it is an obvious change. Just putting it out there in case anyone else experience it.

Manny
In another thread, another user had a similar issue. He deleted the system on the scanner and then re-added it and holds are now working.

Another thought also, what happens if you switch the SD cards, does the problem move to the other scanner?

Ubbe

He deleted the system on the scanner and then re-added it and holds are now working.
I believe its related to a different use of settings in their memory locations that have changed in the latest firmware, as when you program the scanner and write to it, it sets the values correct. The values in the profile like NAC, global filter, priority and so on can only be programmed by Sentinel as ARC and ProScan only do favorite programming.

/Ubbe

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
my reception appears to still be the same on my SDS100. Still cutting in and out on DMR simplex with a high error rate. P25 still appears to be ok but still with a high error rate also.

Brales60

Premium Subscriber
Just updated the database and firmware for my 200, no issues. I still need to log out of 5G and go to standard wifi when updated. No big deal, happens with both laptops.

blackbelter

Flashing NAC continues on all the talk groups . Ignore NAC has been selected . I have noticed one talk group which is now experiencing occasion garbled audio. The slots 1 or 2 changes on this P25p2 talk group.

Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Flashing NAC continues on all the talk groups . Ignore NAC has been selected . I only have noticed one talk group which is now experiencing occasion garbled audio. The slots 1 or 2 changes on this P25p2 talk group.
If you're ignoring the NAC, that's the behavior you'll see. Slot changing on Phase 2 talk groups also is normal.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I update SDS100 #1 and I am also seeing the Flashing NAC when the Scanner is receiving traffic on one of my TG's.
1.23.07 now TGs show up with no audio at times like before. I did have encrypted audio garbage on a P25 P2 simulcast system. You just never know when the SDS 200 will have audio of be silent with the TG displayed. Joe said they were working on ENC detection just wish my Non-ENC TGs would have audio all the time not just sometimes.

TeeJayZee

Premium Subscriber
@eaf1956

I think I'm also experiencing this since the firmware update.

I had to set one particular TG to temp avoid than later to negative delay, so it wouldn't get stuck there during scanning.

But then it could possibly be the TG having an issue. This is the one: Fire Dispatch/Fire/EMS Group Calls Live

Notice that the last transmission recorded there was 7:01:05 PM (yesterday), but currently (today) at 5:38 AM my SDS100 still gets stuck on that TG -- even though the transmission is silent (have SQL set to 3).

Attachments

• 20240402_054518.jpg
    20240402_054518.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 20