Sds100 jumpy knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvatorejrc

The volume knob on my sds100 is very jumpy to the point where it sometimes is hard to file through things because it skips very fast, and the slightest movement on the knob makes it move when in reality you should hear the subtle slick before it changes the selection. Does anyone else have this issue?

TedTobias

I didn’t have that problem, But I did buy a glow in the dark knob on ebay. Looks cool and works perfect. I think it was like 12.95. I did notice that my stock knob was a little crooked and before stripping anything replaced it or you could buy a new one from Bearcatwarehouse. I would do that first before spending the money to ship it back.

Thanks
Theodore

Salvatorejrc

I didn’t have that problem, But I did buy a glow in the dark knob on ebay. Looks cool and works perfect. I think it was like 12.95. I did notice that my stock knob was a little crooked and before stripping anything replaced it or you could buy a new one from Bearcatwarehouse. I would do that first before spending the money to ship it back.

Thanks
Theodore
How do you remove the knob?

TedTobias

Mine just pulled off. Buddrousa makes good sense just so you don’t have to send it back to the mothership Uniden.
and they will charge you. And then you will wait and wait and wait. Buddrousa is the right direction if you Don’t wanna mess with.

Thanks
Theodore

wtp

i dropped my 396T and the knob did just that.
i have thought for years to send it in, but have not.
sometimes it jumps forward 1,2,3 spots or even backward 1,2,3 spots.
i think i like the randomness of it. you really have to pay attention !
my vote is send it in.

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
Here is a long thread from others who have had a similar issue with the scroll knob. I recall other threads where some ended up sending their scanner back to Uniden for repair (they replaced the rotary encoder). It's a long shot but you might try turning the scanner off and rotating the knob each direction many, many times to see if that may clean the internal switching contacts on the rotary encoder that is the part that does this scrolling function.

TedTobias

They are cool pluses, I can find where I left my scanner turn off the lights 12.95 ebay. Works better then my stock.

Thanks Theodore

Attachments

• E8FA5134-3506-47CE-9107-8582DC7470DA.jpeg
    E8FA5134-3506-47CE-9107-8582DC7470DA.jpeg
    20 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.