SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 SENTINEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Again, appears to be receiving, but it is not.
-
3 other things.....

Does scanner #3 have the same firmware version as scanners #1 and #2?

Do scanners #1 and #2 have any paid upgrades for DMR, NXDN, or Provoice that the favorites lists you're using depend on to recieve.... upgrades that scanner #3 doesn't have?

To be certain that all possible settings are exactly the same for Scanner #3, take the SD card out of scanner #1 or #2 and put that card into scanner #3. If that works, the SD card that was in scanner #3 may be bad, if it doesn't work, the scanner itself may have a problem.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Do you have a min-card reader?
See what is on each's \\BCDx36HP......
Copy one that is working properly.

Paste to a known good (and formatted/initialized properly) SD card.
Put in new scanner.

This would point to any problems with the scanner itself.
If so, return it.

w5acv

Premium Subscriber
Same firmware, no upgrades. Negative on pro, etc.
I really did not WANT to take out the sd card from 1 or 2. Before this post, I did take out sd 3 and reformat. Hell of a time reinserting it. I am not known for being very delicate lol. This is just so baffling to me. What is min gb of the card needed, as I have a few 2gb. Wouldn't kill me to put in #3. Really dont want to F with 1 or 2 if I can avoid!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Same firmware, no upgrades. Negative on pro, etc.
I really did not WANT to take out the sd card from 1 or 2. Before this post, I did take out sd 3 and reformat. Hell of a time reinserting it. I am not known for being very delicate lol. This is just so baffling to me. What is min gb of the card needed, as I have a few 2gb. Wouldn't kill me to put in #3. Really dont want to F with 1 or 2 if I can avoid!
-
Without using Sentinel.... and without taking the cards out of the scanner....

Connect #2 to computer and put into mass storage mode. Using Windows explorer, copy all folders on the SD card to your computer. (Windows explorer will see the card just as though it was in a card reader, but it will be slower).

Download and install this formatting utility (recommended by Uniden):

Then connect #3 to your computer (still without Sentinel) and put into mass storage.

format the card in #3 (that formatting utility will also recognize the card in the scanner) and choose the "overwrite format", (may take a while).

Then copy all the folders you copied from #2 over to the newly formatted #3 card and see if #3 works now.

w5acv

Premium Subscriber
Will try Sunday. Awesome.
FYI, other tests I have discovered the following.
Receiving weather on 1 is loud, strong signals with three different antennas.
On scanner 3, barely readable. One antenna not readable.
Could 3 receive gone bad?
Also, side by side 1/3, same FL, 3 RSSI shows nothing, while 1 shows decoded.
So before I try your latest genius idea :), what thinkest thou of bad receive? But it WASNT bad before the wild hair idea.....
Thanks. Seriously.

w5acv

Premium Subscriber
So I removed sd from #3 and reformatted. Placed back in #3. Cleared user data. The entire FL is there, looks like it always has. Wrote that list to #3 and it is there, scanning. No RSSI. No decodes. I do not want to do anything with 1 and 2 until I hear back lol.

w5acv

Premium Subscriber
-
That alone would indicate a problem with the scanner... I would return it or exchange it for another one.
That is what I thought. Why AFTER laptop 2 sentinel? Was fine originally for a week or so. Can I try inserting sd from #1 into #3? Does anything else need to be done if I do that? OMG. I just read Ham Radio Outlet returns. 10 days. Past that now. O man.

w5acv

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
Swapped out the sd cards.
Scanner 3 does not work. Purchased from HRO, "10 day" return. Few past that.
Hopefully will honor a good customer and swap out.
Thanks everyone!

w5acv

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
Thanks everyone!
NOW, lol. Should I be confident that each laptop will work for the original two scanners? They both are the same and uploaded from a working scanner sd. Can I play with the FL and program the 1 and 2 scanner without anything failing??? Your opinion.....Thanks again.

w5acv

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
Thanks everyone!
You have helped me the most. Actually followed what was going on and read/listened. So thank you for that. So I was planning on sending #3 back. One last ditch effort before, I reset the scanner with the user reset on the radio itself. Then entered zip code. Scanned full database, and chose to lock on one system, which has most of the local police fire. WORKS FINE. WTF??? So I connected to the computer/sentinel. Downloaded the scanner lists onto it. Barely picks up anything. It's as if the antenna is not working/connected. RSSI is not visible when it locks a channel. What do I do now? I am TERRIFIED if I connect scanner 1 or 2 same thing will happen. Bare in mind, the sd card in #3 now CAME from number 2 yesterday. Let me reiterate. If I scan from a programmed fav list, reception is sketchy and RSSI meter is not even visible. It only decodes minimal channels, while the other scanners 1 and 2 are decoding all, and their RSSI is half to full deflecton.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
appears to be receiving, but it is not.

Either it is, or it is not.

So I was planning on sending #3 back. One last ditch effort before, I reset the scanner with the user reset on the radio itself. Then entered zip code. Scanned full database, and chose to lock on one system, which has most of the local police fire. WORKS FINE. WTF???

That means the scanner works and somewhere there is a setting off in your profile or fav list.

So I connected to the computer/sentinel. Downloaded the scanner lists onto it. Barely picks up anything. It's as if the antenna is not working/connected. RSSI is not visible when it locks a channel. What do I do now?

If it worked using zip code then you must have a setting off somewhere.

Do you have more than 1 profile?
Do you have location scanning turned on anywhere?
Go in radio 3 and see what the range is set for.
Go in radio 3 and see if all service types are on.

Let me reiterate. If I scan from a programmed fav list, reception is sketchy and RSSI meter is not even visible. It only decodes minimal channels, while the other scanners 1 and 2 are decoding all, and their RSSI is half to full deflecton.

If you only have an issue scanning favorite lists, and not the full database (zipcode), that sounds like a programming issue somewhere.

Can you export that fav list that is not receiving and upload it here?
Can you open the profile in Sentinel and take and post screenshots of the Scan Selection tab and the Location Settings tab?

w5acv

Premium Subscriber
It is not reading the card. It is not a setting. Duplicate setting. Please understand I am not stupid lol. Not location/lists on etc. 2 other scanners work from the SAME Fav List!!

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
You obviously don’t want to follow any troubleshooting advice from other forum members so I’d suggest you try to return if you wish or send it in to Uniden for warranty repair, although I think it will be returned with a “no problems found, working fine” message. Good luck.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
One last ditch effort before, I reset the scanner with the user reset on the radio itself. Then entered zip code. Scanned full database, and chose to lock on one system, which has most of the local police fire. WORKS FINE. WTF???
It is not reading the card. It is not a setting.

If zip code worked without issue, like you stated, it is reading the card. The card is where the full database is stored.

Suit yourself.

w5acv

Premium Subscriber
Nope. Nope . nope lol. THREE scanners. Only ONE of them won't scan ANY sd card. Reset factory on all 3. Each scanner works perfectly scans everything on my fav lists. But the newest one won't scan receive anything from the fav lists. It is on its way back to the seller and another one already sent out. Sometimes we know less than we think. Sure learned that lesson all week.

w5acv

Premium Subscriber
You obviously don’t want to follow any troubleshooting advice from other forum members so I’d suggest you try to return if you wish or send it in to Uniden for warranty repair, although I think it will be returned with a “no problems found, working fine” message. Good luck.
New radio arrived. Uploaded FL. Perfect .

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Ok, and? You kept claiming it was not reading the card.

I reset the scanner with the user reset on the radio itself. Then entered zip code. Scanned full database, and chose to lock on one system, which has most of the local police fire. WORKS FINE. WTF???
It is not reading the card.

If it was not reading the card then you would not have even been able to boot up the radio, let alone enter a zip code and listen since the full db is stored on the card.

But, my bacon egg and cheese hungry man is calling. Gotta go.

w5acv

Premium Subscriber
-
That alone would indicate a problem with the scanner... I would return it or exchange it for another one.
New radio arrived. Perfect! No probs
Ok, and? You kept claiming it was not reading the card.

If it was not reading the card then you would not have even been able to boot up the radio, let alone enter a zip code and listen since the full db is stored on the card.

But, my bacon egg and cheese hungry man is calling. Gotta go.
I am hoping this is replying to your comment/question lol??? YES, the new one is FINE!!! Download my fav lists, works as the other two. Just crazy! Racked my head for a few days, and did a logic flow chart......ya, right lol. Well trial/error. It wouldn't run from a FL!! New one does, same FL, same laptop, good to go. Life at it's finest!

Status
Not open for further replies.