SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 will not select a WX freq when scanning?

Jason7070

Hi All,

My SDS100 will not stop on a my local WX frequency nor will it play the frequency if I manually enter it. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Jason

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
Can you tune into any of the other weather frequencies? I agree with @Pr999, check your squelch. Set the scanner to Weather Scane and have it search. Lower the squelch to say 2 or even 1.

As of right now, only 3 weather radio stations are showing offline in Florida:

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
Check for outages first. If you are in a fringe area, try adjusting the filter settings.

richardbritt

Database Admin
Right now most everything in western NC is messed up. Roads are messed up, lots of people without power. Lots of rural roads are washed out, and interstate hwys have damage to the infrastructure in places. Might have a bearing on you not picking up the weather sites since you are in NC

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Thanks All. Squelch is at 2 and put to 1 with still no luck getting 162.4 on WX.... weird
You manually tune to 162.4 and you receive it just fine, but if you put it into a scan list you can't get it... Correct?

Do you have 162.4 avoided? If so, you will get the exact symptoms you state. Avoiding a frequency means it will be ignored in a scanist but not if directly entered.

Rq17954z

Where I live, I receive the forecast for the shoreline very good. I don't receive the forecast very often for the the Northwest corner of my state .I am much closer and it's the forecast i would like to receive. My problem is a rather large hill right behind my house.

Jason7070

yes, it does... 162.4 is broadcasting on my weather radio. I just cannot get my scanner to pick up a WX freq and would like to have it as we have a hurricane coming :0)

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
I see another of your posts mentions Sarasota, FL. If that's where you live the NWS reports that 162.400 in that area is out of service.

1728308872463.png

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I see another of your posts mentions Sarasota, FL. If that's where you live the NWS reports that 162.400 in that area is out of service.

Not sure where he lives but he said he gets 162.4 on his wx radio.

162.4 is broadcasting on my weather radio. I just cannot get my scanner to pick up a WX freq

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
He has not said if the sds is receiving anything else, so he should first verify the scanner receives other stuff since the sds are known for the cold solder joints.

If the scanner does receive other stuff, and if not done already, take the scanner outside and see what happens. The rubber duck on the sds will not be as good as the telescoping antenna on the weather radio.