SDS100/SDS200: SDS100!

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainmax1

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 28, 2010
Messages
697
Reaction score
189
Location
Florida Keys
I ordered my second SDS100 from Bearcat Warehouse on December 31 and will be getting it tomorrow. Got the SDS100 Radio, Remtronix 820S Antenna, A28100B Nylon Case and Extra BPS100 Battery for $702.84 Total including tax, shipping & handling. Thought this was a good deal and just had to grab it.
 

dvendt

Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2012
Messages
179
Reaction score
78
Location
Elysian, MN
I ordered my second SDS100 from Bearcat Warehouse on December 31 and will be getting it tomorrow. Got the SDS100 Radio, Remtronix 820S Antenna, A28100B Nylon Case and Extra BPS100 Battery for $702.84 Total including tax, shipping & handling. Thought this was a good deal and just had to grab it.
I got the radio, extra battery for $0.01 and an extra year warranty for $675.00 and didn't have to pay tax from BCW too. Great people there. Have fun with it.
 

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Joined
Jul 18, 2014
Messages
13,409
Reaction score
3,729
Location
VA
Everyone is selling at MAP. Pick a dealer based on service and support.
 

samsat

Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
86
Reaction score
3
Location
San Diego
I ordered my second SDS100 from Bearcat Warehouse on December 31 and will be getting it tomorrow. Got the SDS100 Radio, Remtronix 820S Antenna, A28100B Nylon Case and Extra BPS100 Battery for $702.84 Total including tax, shipping & handling. Thought this was a good deal and just had to grab it.
Do you have to call to get this deal or was it a special? Radio, case and 820 antenna bundle is $684.84 plus $55.90 for an extra battery = $740.74
 

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Joined
Jul 18, 2014
Messages
13,409
Reaction score
3,729
Location
VA
Thanks. I thought maybe but not sure. The owners manual says nothing. What is the micro for?
Its function hasn't beeen officially announced, but it's connected into the SDR subsystem.
 

K2KOH

Silent Key
Joined
Jul 30, 2001
Messages
2,767
Reaction score
159
Location
Putnam County, NY
I also was very happy with it until I had to send it back to Uniden recently after less than a year and a half because it stopped receiving. Great radio...quality control sucks
 

dvendt

Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2012
Messages
179
Reaction score
78
Location
Elysian, MN
Do you have to call to get this deal or was it a special? Radio, case and 820 antenna bundle is $684.84 plus $55.90 for an extra battery = $740.74
Go to their web site. They did have specials going on. Don't know if they're still active though.
 

Soundman

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2001
Messages
458
Reaction score
28
Location
N.C

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
1,696
Location
Fairborn, OH
I'll second that motion for the Remtronix antenna and a case. Protect that investment so that you will enjoy it for years to come. You will find that the Remtronix antenna really opens up that radio compared to the stock rubber duck. I opted for the hard leather case from Scanner Master and sure glad I did. Opened the door in my truck one day and fumbled it and dropped it in a Kroger parking lot. Not a scratch, not even a scuff on the case. Worth every penny.
 

captainmax1

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 28, 2010
Messages
697
Reaction score
189
Location
Florida Keys
Do you have to call to get this deal or was it a special? Radio, case and 820 antenna bundle is $684.84 plus $55.90 for an extra battery = $740.74

They had some bundle packages so I chose the one that came with the antenna and case. Then you got to pick out a gift for a penny. I chose the extra battery. Now I have 5 batteries to share between two SDS100's. I get between 6 and 8 hours on a battery. I have the external charger that I charge them on. They still have bundle packages but no free gift now as far as I know.
 

Onetechyguy

Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2012
Messages
37
Reaction score
1
Location
Bridgeview, Illinois
I've used scanners in the past but how easy is the sds100 to learn? Is it as easy as putting in a zipcode then selecting if you want police, fire, utilities, etc?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top