SDS200 Delay Time Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulcannomad

Premium Subscriber
Just purchased SDS200 and love it. The only issue is the Delay Time Setting. When a channel hits, immediately after voice stops, it starts scanning. No delay time what so ever. I even set the delay time to 30 full seconds, but to no avail, starts scanning immediately. I spoke with Uniden, they want me to return the unit, but there's a 3 or 4 week at a minimum hold time. How I currently get around it by hitting the channel hold button.
Anyone else has this issue?

You may be confusing "Delay Time" with "Hold Time"

Set Delay Time This sets (in seconds) the amount of time the scanner stays on a channel after the transmission has ended before moving to the next channel. A negative delay will force a resume after that number of seconds. The default setting is 2seconds.

-10 -5, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, or 30 sec.

Set Hold Time This sets (in seconds) the amount of time the scanner will scan the System before moving on to the next system. All (Unavoided) channels will be scanned at least once regardless of this setting. The scanner moves to the next system after the hold time expires, any current transmission ends, and the channel delay time expires. The default (and recommended) setting is 0 seconds.

Enter the hold time 0-255 (sec.) and press E/yes to save.

Reactions: wtp

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Just purchased SDS200 and love it. The only issue is the Delay Time Setting. When a channel hits, immediately after voice stops, it starts scanning. No delay time what so ever. I even set the delay time to 30 full seconds, but to no avail, starts scanning immediately. I spoke with Uniden, they want me to return the unit, but there's a 3 or 4 week at a minimum hold time. How I currently get around it by hitting the channel hold button.

Are you using any 3rd party software like ProScan for control or monitoring?

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
If the voice channel it stops on is encrypted, it will immediately scan by it and resume. Even if you have the delay the for that channel or Talkgroup at 30 seconds. I'm surprised uUniden didn't tell you this. Although you stated immediately after the voice stops, so maybe this isn't the case in your situation, IDK.
Bob

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
If the voice channel it stops on is encrypted, it will immediately scan by it and resume. Even if you have the delay the for that channel or Talkgroup at 30 seconds. I'm surprised uUniden didn't tell you this. Although you stated immediately after the voice stops, so maybe this isn't the case in your situation, IDK.
Bob

Bob, Not all encryption is recognized by the SDS series of scanners where the scanning continues on without stopping. I understand there are at least a couple forms of encryption not recognized by the scanner so the scanner will park on the signal. So, even though the FCC rules state scanners are supposed to ignore encryption, where instead of stopping on a encrypted signal they instead continue to scan, apparently there are technical hurdles that make it very difficult to accomplish this in all cases. (All of what I state here is what I learned from another thread on this forum. I am not affiliated with Uniden and don’t believe the guy who submitted the info is either. I’m only submitting this for future reference... I don’t think it’s germane time the topic of this thread anyway.)

Ubbe

When a channel hits, immediately after voice stops, it starts scanning. No delay time what so ever. I even set the delay time to 30 full seconds, but to no avail, starts scanning immediately.
When it stops on those channels, hit the Enter key and edit the delay time from there. Then you are sure of that you edit the correct channel. But maybe you have entered that frequency several times in the same favotite list or in different lists or the Quick Save List. Set the scanner to show all info, which system and department the channel belongs to.

Is it only on one channel or several of the same type? Have you tried to reformat the SD card and program it again?

/Ubbe

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
When it stops on those channels, hit the Enter key and edit the delay time from there. Then you are sure of that you edit the correct channel. But maybe you have entered that frequency several times in the same favotite list or in different lists or the Quick Save List. Set the scanner to show all info, which system and department the channel belongs to.

Is it only on one channel or several of the same type? Have you tried to reformat the SD card and program it again?

/Ubbe
Oops I replied to the wrong thread.

LGR

Premium Subscriber
I have this exact same issue, been playing with it for a good day now, no progress.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you're listening to the database, the delay time is fixed at 2 seconds. You can only change it in a favorite list.

LGR

Premium Subscriber
Are you using 3rd party software? If you exit the software, does the problem go away?
The problem occurs whether I am in "stand along" (no software) mode, or in software. I am going to check the favorites thing, but from memory, I think it does it whether it's in Favorites or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.