SDS100/SDS200: SDS200 NXDN scanning

galligan122

Premium Subscriber
apologies if I’m not posting this in the correct location. I have an SDS200 and just purchased the NXDN update. I want to scan some NXDN frequencies that are not in the radio reference database. Namely the Whites frequencies listed here

I don’t know the best way to go about tackling programming these frequencies in correctly. So far I’ve only programmed using sentinel and the rr database so this is new territory for me.

Thank you all in advance

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Put them in a Favorites List. Select Conventional for conventional frequencies or the appropriate trunked system type for trunked.

galligan122

Premium Subscriber
Put them in a Favorites List. Select Conventional for conventional frequencies or the appropriate trunked system type for trunked.
Thank you for the reply. They are all NXDN digital frequencies. Would this still call for conventional or should i use another option? Also sorry it didn’t post correctly before, I tried to post the exact frequencies I am talking about

galligan122

Premium Subscriber
What is the city, county, and state and which agencies do you want to monitor?
Wabash, Wabash County, Indiana. They are not on the rr database. It is the whites residential and family services agency. I found them on digital frequency search

Attachments

• IMG_5776.png
    IMG_5776.png
    244.6 KB · Views: 7

galligan122

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the multiple questions, this site also lists mobiles and controls for the frequencies. Do I need to add all of the frequencies, or just the control? I know it’s just control for P25 systems but NXDN is new for me. Thanks

tvengr

Well Known Member
The 3 frequencies you show are conventional. There is no control channel. You only need to program the repeater output frequency (FB2). Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. It will show you how to set up the frequencies in Sentinel. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Import from hpe file (Favorites List). Select New Favorites List and name it: NXDN Conv Freq Click on OK. In the Downloads folder, open the extracted file. It will appear as a favorites list in Sentinel. As set up now, it will display the RAN for the frequency when the scanner stops on a transmission. Once you know the RAN, click on Digital Code Search in the Sentinel favorites list editor and select NXDN RAN. Select the RAN value (0 thru 63) and click on OK. Do that for each frequency.

Attachments

• NXDN Conv Freq Fav.zip
    585 bytes · Views: 5

galligan122

Premium Subscriber
The 3 frequencies you show are conventional. There is no control channel. You only need to program the repeater output frequency (FB2). Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. It will show you how to set up the frequencies in Sentinel. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Import from hpe file (Favorites List). Select New Favorites List and name it: NXDN Conv Freq Click on OK. In the Downloads folder, open the extracted file. It will appear as a favorites list in Sentinel. As set up now, it will display the RAN for the frequency when the scanner stops on a transmission. Once you know the RAN, click on Digital Code Search in the Sentinel favorites list editor and select NXDN RAN. Select the RAN value (0 thru 63) and click on OK. Do that for each frequency.
Thank you very much!

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind - Digital Frequency Search gleans info from the FCC database. Just because it is licensed for a particular emission doesn't always mean it is so or even in use. I would leave the audio type set to AUTO - this will receive all transmissions, NXDN or other.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Keep in mind - Digital Frequency Search gleans info from the FCC database. Just because it is licensed for a particular emission doesn't always mean it is so or even in use.
That is true!
I have an SDS200 and just purchased the NXDN update. I want to scan some NXDN frequencies that are not in the radio reference database. Namely the Whites frequencies listed here
You asked how to set up NXDN and that is how you do it. If you hear audio and see a RAN displayed, it is safe to assume it is NXDN.