SDSO Patch Or Simulcast????

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Greetings I have been hearing sdso Encinitas dispatch in the mornings
around 6:00am on Rural dispatch anybody else hear this and know whats up, Thanks

carlt

It is normal for the SO to patch two TGs together when incidents are slow. I don't know that I have heard of those two together, but Lemon Grove and South Bay, Poway and Rural, all the time.

SCPD

QRT
Well it's 9:00 pm Monday night and Encinitas dispatch is on rural dispatch and they have been on since around 6:00pm tonight, It sounds like this is going to be the norm from now on never heard them before doing this in the past just started, On a side note I have not heard anything on Poway dispatch everything seems to be on rural now Poway,Ramona all the east Sdso unit's as well as Encinitas

JoeyC

If you have an older scanner that does not do patching properly you will only hear the patching on Rural (as set up tonight.). All the newer scanners can handle patches properly and route traffic to the correct talkgroup. Everybody is on their usual channel.

SCPD

QRT
Well I have come too a BIG CONCLUSION THAT SD SHERIFF IS TRYING TOO CONFUSE US SCANNER LISTENER, LOL
Now they are on Poway Dispatch all day that includes east county as well, Have not heard anything on rural all day everything is on Poway now, Except I have not heard Encinitas as of yet, And on a side note to the above post # 6 this is happening on 2 996T that I'm running

Last edited:

JoeyC

Poway and Rural are patched as they usually are. You aren't going to hear anything on Rural from the north zone if all the units are affiliated to the East zone. Listen to the east zone and you will hear Rural active (patched to Poway). I did, east Rural was active, north Rural was quiet but the east Rural traffic was patched with the Poway TG as it usually is. However, at this time, a Rural unit must be affiliated to the north zone because it is again active on north. See this thread for more information.

SCPD

QRT
OK now joeyC I believe I now understand what's going on Thank You, It just seem to be odd to me that on my 996t screen that I have not seen Poway dispatch on there for over a month and now it shows up only & rural does not anymore, But again thanks for clearing this up

JoeyC

Also, make sure you scanner is setup to ignore status bits, otherwise, you are going to have to listen to the TG+3 ID to hear the patched channels.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Rural is not permitted in the North or South cells, so you will not hear it unless you are listening to the East cell.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
You are most likely hearing whatever TG Rural is patched with.

Rural is not programmed in the core to be allowed on the North or South, and user radios affiliate with the East when Rural is selected.

JoeyC

I have always had variable results when listening to the Rural talkgroup PERIOD so now I have a question.

What is the explanation for the following?:

Rural and Poway talkgroups are patched together as they usually are earlier today and right now. I have 3 scanners running each locked onto a single talkgroup - status bit ignored.

1. 996XT East Cell Rural (34560)
2. 796D North Cell Poway (34544)
3. 536HP North Cell Rural (34560)

When I first set up this arrangement an hour ago scanners 1 & 2 were alive with the traffic and scanner 3 was silent. This was the case for the first 45 minutes of listening in this arrangement tonight through several back and forth exchanges. 10 or 15 minutes ago scanner 3 began carrying the same traffic as 1 & 2. Now all three are simulcasting the same audio. Later, I'm sure, the north cell will again drop the traffic and it will be silent again (Rural-34560).

So, if users tuned to the Rural talkgroup are only affiliated to the east cell, what drives the north cell to not carry that traffic on the 34560 talkgroup (actually 34563) when it is always patched to Poway which is always on the north cell also?

SCPD

QRT
OK as of 9:30 am the 15 oof April I'm now hearing Rural Poway on Encinitas Dispatch Tg 34000, The other normal TG # for Poway & Rural nothing on them

Status
Not open for further replies.