BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Seattle area ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

I am considering purchasing the BCD436HP. I am in the Seattle area, Specifically Bainbridge island Washington, near Seattle. It has been suggested that if I purchase this radio, upon set up I would select a 50 mile radius. I am able to monitor beyond that with my other radios, at times anyway. The only Phase II system in the metro Seattle area is King county metro, bus and light rail. Beyond the 50 mile radius would be Tacoma/Lakewood p.d etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am considering purchasing the BCD436HP. I am in the Seattle area, Specifically Bainbridge island Washington, near Seattle. It has been suggested that if I purchase this radio, upon set up I would select a 50 mile radius. I am able to monitor beyond that with my other radios, at times anyway. The only Phase II system in the metro Seattle area is King county metro, bus and light rail. Beyond the 50 mile radius would be Tacoma/Lakewood p.d etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This is a good explanation of how the range settings work...

How it Works: Location, Location, Location

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
HomePatrol-1 is not the radio he is buying

That's correct... his post said he was considering a BCD436HP and he had a question about range settings.

In case you are not aware, the 436 uses the same range setting parameters as the HP-1, and the same explanation of how they work applies to the 436.

Status
Not open for further replies.