Selecting Banks

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Pro-164, I have my banks set up by county. i.e.
B1C1 County 1 SO
B1C2 EMS

B2C1 Different county SO
etc.

If something happens in county 1 is there a way to quickly just that county?

I also own a 106 I'd like to know how to do this?

ampulman

Not familiar with your 197, but with my 106, I have a 'main' scanlist with the dispatch channels of my local area that I'm interested in. This is where I mostly camp out until something exciting breaks.

When something happens, I will switch lists to the town/area which will contain the entire system, plus other channels that might come in to play during the event.

In this way, I can monitor the event without the bother of a routine, non related transmission possibly blocking reception of an important transmission.

There are also other times, when I'm just interested in listening to one town's transmission, so having each town in a separate list makes this work (for me).

Amp

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Not familiar with your 197, but with my 106, I have a 'main' scanlist with the dispatch channels of my local area that I'm interested in. This is where I mostly camp out until something exciting breaks.

When something happens, I will switch lists to the town/area which will contain the entire system, plus other channels that might come in to play during the event.

In this way, I can monitor the event without the bother of a routine, non related transmission possibly blocking reception of an important transmission.

There are also other times, when I'm just interested in listening to one town's transmission, so having each town in a separate list makes this work (for me).

Amp

Amp, the 106 and the 197 are essentially the same radio in a different package. :)

n9zas

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
On the Pro-164, I have my banks set up by county. i.e.
B1C1 County 1 SO
B1C2 EMS

B2C1 Different county SO
etc.

If something happens in county 1 is there a way to quickly just that county?

I also own a 106 I'd like to know how to do this?

On the Pro-164, deslect the counties you do not want to listen to by turning off the bank(s) by pressing the bank numbers on the keyboard.

On the Pro-106/107, deslect the counties you do not want to listen to by turning off the scanlist(s) by pressing the scanlist numbers on the keyboard. note: for scanlists 11 to 20, press FUNC first.

Status
Not open for further replies.