Sentinel: sentinel and firmware

Hogmannt

ok guys I'm having trouble here. I've read quite a few posts on here and the user manual on undine's website and I'm still having trouble getting the sentinel software on my laptop to be able to do the firmware update on my sds100. I bought it used and it is still on main version1.07.02 and sub version1.02.00
unfortunately, I dropped the scanner yesterday and for some reason it wont pick anything up now. i would like to try and get the firmware updated first before deciding to send it to uniden for repair ( charge ports are loose as well). So basically what im asking is does anyone knowof a simple way to get the sentinel on my laptop or could walk me through it step by step. Any help would be appreciated

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Sentinel download link and basic instructions are on Uniden's website (the x36HP version also applies to the SDSx00). Follow the instructions carefully, they're pretty straightforward

If you still run into trouble: Searching the forum using keywords pertaining to your problem can bring up threads with solutions as well, 9 times out of 10 someone else with the same question / issue opened a thread asking the same question(s). The RR forums has a wealth of info, questions previously asked & answered, etc and the forum search is often underutilized resulting in numerous threads being opened asking the same questions (sometimes by the same OPs down the road who don't pay attention to their previously opened threads), Oh look, I made the same suggestion to you on this thread...but I digress...

unfortunately, I dropped the scanner yesterday and for some reason it wont pick anything up now. i would like to try and get the firmware updated first before deciding to send it to uniden for repair
Well that's unfortunate. A firmware upgrade won't alleviate issues caused by a drop...

Last edited: