Sentinel Database:

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
True.

BTW, the weekly database update was run this morning. (a hardware issue prevented it Monday)
I noticed it had an DB update for the x36 and SDS Sentinel version but the version for the HP-1 & 2 must not have ran as that version of Sentinel says it's current. Not a big deal as a new version will be created this coming weekend!

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
As you say, not a big deal, but I appreciate the note.

I checked HP-x Sentinel yesterday to confirm the non-run, but only checked x36 Sentinel today to confirm the run.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
HP-x Sentinel database is running now. Should be available to DL in a bit.

It's slightly ahead of your refrigerator. (I know - very old joke)

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
HP-x or x36? And this week's database?

The x36 database was run manually yesterday. Apparently something happened with the HP-x database but that is running currently. It will be available for download in a bit.

As of this post it is still not available yet for HP-x Sentinel (the orange icon one).

kruser

Premium Subscriber
HP-x or x36? And this week's database?

The x36 database was run manually yesterday. Apparently something happened with the HP-x database but that is running currently. It will be available for download in a bit.

As of this post it is still not available yet for HP-x Sentinel (the orange icon one).
The older orange icon Sentinel for the HP-x models finally updated today around 9AM!

That seems to be a normal time when Uniden's DB updates become available to Sentinel so even though you ran a manual pull yesterday, something still held it back until today but it's working now!

I guess we shall see if the normal Sunday night pulls still run automatically this Monday morning.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
It should, but we will see. The server was holding a lot of older database files that are being deleted (save for a few recent versions).

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
I understand the desire to be up-to-date, but I've never felt the need to go full terrier if my updates to the DB were two weeks apart. I realize things may be more volatile in some areas than in others, but it will all catch up.
I agree. I live in the Los Angeles metro area so there are constant updates to the database. I'm not going to update the database every week just because of a few changes or additions that I may never listen to. Unless it is an important change such as LAPD changes all of their DPL codes, or maybe a all new system, I will update every two or three months.

drdeputy

Premium Subscriber
I agree. I live in the Los Angeles metro area so there are constant updates to the database. I'm not going to update the database every week just because of a few changes or additions that I may never listen to. Unless it is an important change such as LAPD changes all of their DPL codes, or maybe a all new system, I will update every two or three months.
And one other issue is that, as many will know, updating the DB doesn't update your Favorites Lists automatically, so it is not totally plug and play. Updating the DB is very straightforward, but doesn't do anything for you unless you do specific updating of your favorites after that.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
I update my text tags to what I want...
If updating the database would update fav lists too, it would change all my custom text...
Or I could end up with two instances of the same data with different text, one the way it is in the database and mine...

Last edited:

Horace_Wimp

I remember years ago Paul saying they have to verify the database has no isssues before it will get released...
Since the EU Master Database cannot be downloaded from the Sentinel UBCD3600, it is necessary to allow the creation of a User database for the Discovery function to make sense. Simultaneously with the Sentinel UBCD3600 upgrade, release new firmware for the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.