Sentinel: Sentinel HPDB?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Is anyone having trouble getting updates for the Sentinel HPDB? I will try a reboot but, I wanted to know first.
It appears that some Uniden servers may be down. At this time, the my.uniden.com site as well as the database and firmware update functions are also down for me, and there is a message on the main Uniden website home page that says "We are currently in the process of moving our corporate office and warehouse". Maybe things are getting un-plugged for the move.

The page at https://www.uniden.info/ is also not available.

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I checked around 10 PM Wednesday 9/6 and got the message that Sentinel could not connect to the server.

I'm not worried as this happens from time to time. Uniden will reboot their servers and things will be okay.

Ubbe

Maybe they are preparing their servers for that firmware update with improved digital decoding that includes most scanner models that JoeBearcat where mentioning.

/Ubbe

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Maybe they are preparing their servers for that firmware update with improved digital decoding that includes most scanner models that JoeBearcat where mentioning.

/Ubbe
You may be on to something.

kasparek

Premium Subscriber
You may be on to something.
I called tech support. Sure enough, servers are down because of the move. Tech said possibly available Friday, or even into the weekend. Just purchased my SDS100 and can't even upload new data files.

ansky

Does the database still get updated on Mondays? I checked for the latest update yesterday and it said I was already on the latest version. I know this is not correct since there are updates in my area from last week that are not showing in Sentinel yet. Is the update delayed this week?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I checked for the latest update yesterday and it said I was already on the latest version. I know this is not correct since there are updates in my area from last week that are not showing in Sentinel yet. Is the update delayed this week?

It says your on the latest version because Sentinel does not see anything newer on Unidens server than what was updated the last time you updated. So as far as Sentinel is concerned, your on the latest version.

Bottom left corner states when it last updated. And yes, Uniden missed Monday again.

1695733389901.png

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Does the database still get updated on Mondays? I checked for the latest update yesterday and it said I was already on the latest version. I know this is not correct since there are updates in my area from last week that are not showing in Sentinel yet. Is the update delayed this week?

The Home Patrol Sentinel updated Monday to 9/24/2023, but the BCDx36HP Sentinel did not update... it's still on the 9/17/2023 version.

It happens occasionally that one version of Sentinel updates and the other does not. If no one at Uniden manually triggers the update, it will most likely catch up next Monday.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
the BCDx36HP Sentinel did not update... it's still on the 9/17/2023 version.

Yours reads 9/17? I just updated for the x36 and mine says,

1695733389901-png.148812

If so then maybe they removed 9/17?

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
The database for my HP-2 updated to 9/24/2023...
The x36/SDS database did not...

My x36/SDS is at 9/17/2023 too...