Sentinel issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

N7DAN

Hello Everyone,
after 10- years I have come out of the woodwork to post.

New to the SDS200, but not new to radio Scanner’s.....
Any response would br greatly appreciated !

Every time I try to download the database and update the SDS200 with Sentinel on a Windows10 laptop;
Windows 10 wants to encrypt the data on the memory card.
Windows asked me if I want to encrypt, not sure what to do ? When I say no it give me an error message.
this is great forum and resource for info.

Thanks !!!
N7DAN

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Are you going the route of, in Sentinel, Scanner>Write to Scanner, or are you doing something via Windows Explorer? Kinda sounds like you are using the Windows Explorer rather than Sentinel.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone,
after 10- years I have come out of the woodwork to post.

New to the SDS200, but not new to radio Scanner’s.....
Any response would br greatly appreciated !

Every time I try to download the database and update the SDS200 with Sentinel on a Windows10 laptop;
Windows 10 wants to encrypt the data on the memory card.
Windows asked me if I want to encrypt, not sure what to do ? When I say no it give me an error message.
this is great forum and resource for info.

Thanks !!!
N7DAN
Can you post the error message by any chance?

N7DAN

Thanks for the reply...
I have the SDS200 connected with the USB cable and I start Sentinel. I have the program running and select upload from the scanner,... Then check for updates after this is done, then write to the scanner. I get ask to encrypt the data. Not sure what to do ? I say no and
hit send anyway, and then get an error message...

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
By "Upload from scanner" are you reading from the scanner? That is not writing anything to the SD card.

You do not need to read from the scanner in order to update the master database. Just Update>Update Master Database. Following that, you would do the Write to Scanner operation to update the data on the SD card in the scanner.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your reply.....
that sounds familiar, is this a Windows 10 thing ? How do I turn it off ?
Thanks

It's a feature that comes with Windows 10 PRO. It's defaulted to off, you or someone would have to enabled it. Look in Control Panel and disable it.

N7DAN

You guys are great.......
Yes it is turned on, I have found it, I will turn it off.......

To all 1st responders, Stay Safe.......

Thank you !
I’m on the front lines, in Phoenix.

Attachments

• 1A625274-DD2B-40D7-835A-2DDC2C061DB4.jpeg
    1A625274-DD2B-40D7-835A-2DDC2C061DB4.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 20

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
This error can also occur when inserting the SD card in an adapter and then using a card reader. If the write protect switch on, the adapter is in the protect position, precluding data being written to the card, this same message appears.

I inadvertently slid the switch once upon a time ago. It was a "five bad word" situation before I figured it out.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
It's a feature that comes with Windows 10 PRO. It's defaulted to off, you or someone would have to enabled it. Look in Control Panel and disable it.
Bitlocker was introduced starting with Win Vista Ultimate and Win Server 2008. For the non-server windows versions, it was only included in the higher end versions of the OS like Pro (or better) which you mentioned for Win 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.