SDS100/SDS200: Sentinel with SDS200 not seeing Microsd.

cshustak

Just took delivery. Connected my SDS to my network. It has a DHCP address, and it's pingable. Connected the USB cable between Windows 10 pc and the Microusb port on the back. USB connection is getting a port, and the PC has set it to 9600 8 none 1.

Installed and Updated the Sentinel software. Updated the database.

When I try to update the firmware, it doesn't see any SD card. Should the software see the SD card via the USB cable, or do I need to use a card reader on the PC?
Thanks

Last edited:

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I see my SD Card when I plug in the programming cable. So yes, it should show it as another drive, mine is the “D” drive.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Just took delivery. Connected my SDS to my network. It has a DHCP address, and it's pingable. Connected the USB cable between Windows 10 pc and the Microusb port on the back. USB connection is getting a port, and the PC has set it to 9600 8 none 1.

Installed and Updated the Sentinel software. Updated the database.

When I try to update the firmware, it doesn't see any SD card. Should the software see the SD card via the USB cable, or do I need to use a card reader on the PC?
Thanks
You need to use the front port.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Should the software see the SD card via the USB cable, or do I need to use a card reader on the PC?
Thanks
It will when you connect the USB cable to your computer (Front micro USB port on scanner), then when prompted on the scanner set it to mass storage mode...
It makes the scanner look like an external card reader to the computer then...
Sentinel will then see it...

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Right now the Network Interface on the SDS200 is mostly used by people using the ProScan software...

cshustak

Computer sees the USB connection, and IDs it as an SDS, but the software won't see it.

cshustak

I found that it helps to connect the USB cable to the PC, then connect to the front microusb. Then select data transfer mode on the Uniden screen when it automatically pops up.
You should probably read the manual for the scanner, the easy to read version is located at the link below....as it appears you will be totally lost when you try to program the SDS.

I just applied to MIT for their 4 year, scanner programming Ph.D degree to learn how to do this. It's a lot more complicated than the old bank and channel system.