BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Setting up my unidenbcd325p2 to pick up phase 2 ?

Callme3000

Premium Subscriber
Good morning, I need help setting up my uniden bcd325p2 hand held . I have already purchased the 180 days on radio reference and down loaded the local channels , does this include phase 2 channels as well or is there a whole new procedure to start receiving those ?

Enforcer52

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Nothing special to do to receive phase 2 channels just import the channels you want to listen to.

I use my 325P2 when I go to visit my son in Fort Worth all the time. The problem is FWPD is encrypted, but there are lots of small cities in and surrounding Fort Worth that give you lot to listen to. And the SO, Fire and EMS are unencrypted. Arlington is also encrypted on PD channels.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
You are lucky that you dont get simulcast distortion issues when visiting fort worth. Its a pretty robst system with lots of coverage and overlap.

Enforcer52

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
You are lucky that you dont get simulcast distortion issues when visiting fort worth. Its a pretty robst system with lots of coverage and overlap.
Have driven all over the area and have never had distortion issues. I know that is uncommon, guess I got a good 325P2. I use a Remtronix 700-800 antenna and it works very well.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
It’s my understanding the simulcast issue can be discovered due to distortion-two transmitters situated at differing distances from your scanner or, and this is my point, not at all. The scanner may lock down on a particular P2 signal but nothing is heard… just dead airspace. So, when visiting Fort Worth with a BCD325P2 scanner you may be missing a lot… that said my 325 has no issues, as yet, in Ct with the CLMRN state system. I say as yet because there are two abutting towns who will be joining the CLMRN. When that happens I fully expect to start having simulcast problems and resort to my SDS100/200 radios!